D' Shackle Thiefs.

vision21

Guest danielinbyron

{for what $10}this is a whole new level in tosser ..

imagine what a day in the life of someone with that kind of level of self centeredness and stupidity , pettiness would be and you won't feel the need for revenge .. bad bastardy...

they'll sort themselves out with that kind of behaviour..

Guest fishrunner

Know the feelin! :(

My d-shackle got knocked off at chippingnorton, I now use a padlock, Couldn't believe it when I came back and noticed the shackle wasn't on the end of the chain anymore :1badmood:

Will be going back to a shackle soon as I get around to getting one as padlocks arn't load-rated!.

Just gonna have to take it off and throw in the boot in the future.

I always keep my shackle on the boats eye hook.

Off the trailer strap is the snap hook and bingo, on the shackle, do up the safety and off I go.

yeh i gotta agree with ya mate,i have kept mine on the boat eye hook since i had one go walkies last year.. i saw some young guys spewin one day when some lowlife ransacked there 4x4 and they had no tiedowns for a 50 or 60k speedboat,luckily i had a spare rope and some rag for cushioning to get them out of that jam.i think catching the lowlife buggers and feeding to a scool of hungry sharks could not be enough punishment.

Hi Guys,

Padlocks are not load rated, and are highly likely to fail in the event they have to absorb any shock..

A better option is to have the D-shackle welded to the length of chain that you use, it only needs a small tack, but it will stop the little thieves nicking your shackle for laughs. My trailer shackle is welded to the trailer chain, as is the chain.. but my boat shackle is not yet, have to sort that out soon... i also carry a spare shackle in the car and one on the boat, otherwise you can nick the one from your boat anchor.

Cheers

Sammy

Edited by Sammy0884

Hi Guys,

Padlocks are not load rated, and are highly likely to fail in the event they have to absorb any shock..

A better option is to have the D-shackle welded to the length of chain that you use, it only needs a small tack, but it will stop the little thieves nicking your shackle for laughs. My trailer shackle is welded to the trailer chain, as is the chain.. but my boat shackle is not yet, have to sort that out soon... i also carry a spare shackle in the car and one on the boat, otherwise you can nick the one from your boat anchor.

Cheers

Sammy

most small D shackles arent load rated either, especially hardware shop cheapies, if they are rated they should be stamped, welding them will weaken them also, probobally the best option is to have 2 chains, one with a lock to stop thieves pinchin your trailer, and one with a shackle for safety when towing

This has happened to everyone I think but the best remedy I found is throwing it in the boot of the car. You can weld it but be sure they'll steal the pin just to annoy you. Padlocks are out of the question they are not made for that sort of treatment and they will fail!!

Cheers

I like pad locks as someone had a go at my Trailer at the kingie social in Rose bay ramp.

How do i know.

I have coded locks and always leave them in mixed up numbers

but when i returned home the code was on even sequenced number.

They might not be load rated or won,t last long to a angle grinder or bolt cutters.

but people get noticed walking around carparks with boltcutters sometimes.

But i still us a d shackle as a boat safety.

Hi guys

Just pays to have a good look at all the bits attaching your boat trailer to your car! Over new year, some low life un-hitched my brother's trailer, had it sitting on top of the ball, not locked down! When we put the boat on, the trailer sat up & the chain held it! Lucky they hadn't taken the 'd' shackle as well! We lock our camping trailer onto the tow bar & have recently bought a locking bolt for the Hayman Reese 'box style' towbar! Not much point having everything else locked when they can just undo the split pin & transfer the whole lot to their vehicle & drive off!

I had heard that you can drill the other end of the bit that screws in & you can put a bolt on that!?? Anyone tried that??

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

These low lifes give me th s#!ts :1badmood: . Had the car broken into last night, barrel taken out of door and what did they take, sweet FA. Had nothing in there to take. Now its going to cost $$$ for nothing. :mad3: If I found anyone messing with my trailerthis weekend, think I will go on TILT. Bought a new D shackle this afternoon as backup in the future. Thanks fellas for the heads up. Already had a winch handle taken, (mates fault), but didn't relaise these s#$ts were so petty as to take a D shackle.

Cheers

Kurt

These low lifes give me th s#!ts :1badmood: . Had the car broken into last night, barrel taken out of door and what did they take, sweet FA. Had nothing in there to take. Now its going to cost $$$ for nothing. :mad3: If I found anyone messing with my trailerthis weekend, think I will go on TILT. Bought a new D shackle this afternoon as backup in the future. Thanks fellas for the heads up. Already had a winch handle taken, (mates fault), but didn't relaise these s#$ts were so petty as to take a D shackle.

Cheers

Kurt

Probably use them as a cheap nipple clamp :074: they have nothing better to do.

Cheers Stewy