Beacon Portkembla

fishingmik

Headed out to port beacon after our attempt to catch some snapper off one tree at windang all we got in a couple of hours was 2 sweep and alot of yakkas .

the live bait tank was full so at about 830 it was full steam ahead to the beacon we got to the beacon a bit after 900 the first bait goes in zzzzzzz nice little dollie comes aboard now it was time to put a couple of live yakkas in drift past the beacon half a dozen times each time we caught little dolies on half pilchards but nothing on the yakkas difted past the beacon a few more times than wammo zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz where on where on on screem :yahoo: marlin about 100kg is going crazy at the back of the boat the first run took about 200mtrs of line we finaly got some line back then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz again we got the marlin back to the boat 3 times in 1 hour we thought we finaly had it beat when the worst thing happens rod goes snap line goes ping :074: gone ah well it was the longest i have fougt a fish for and i was stoked :biggrin2: always next time still havent boated one just have to keep trying still a great day on the water caught a couple of little dollies and nearly a marlin

cheers mik :biggrin2::biggrin2:

post-3389-1172826614_thumb.jpg

Guest IFishSick.

Mate it's a pity when the equipment fails on you. Oh well, hope you got some photo's

Awsome work on the dollies mate, you seem to be the only one able to get em.

Guest Full Moon

Mate it's a pity when the equipment fails on you. Oh well, hope you got some photo's

Awsome work on the dollies mate, you seem to be the only one able to get em.

What is the point in killing all those fish, no wonder our fish stocks are depleated.

Guest IFishSick.

Mate these fish are one of the best tasting in the ocean, they live in schools of up to 100 fish.

Only live for 5 years maximum, they are in no threat of losing numbers.

What is the point in killing all those fish, no wonder our fish stocks are depleated.

mate are you fair dinkum we through about 10 back and i have got a few neighbours that like fish so if i want to keep a few who are you to critasize me :thumbdown:

Headed out to port beacon after our attempt to catch some snapper off one tree at windang all we got in a couple of hours was 2 sweep and alot of yakkas .

the live bait tank was full so at about 830 it was full steam ahead to the beacon we got to the beacon a bit after 900 the first bait goes in zzzzzzz nice little dollie comes aboard now it was time to put a couple of live yakkas in drift past the beacon half a dozen times each time we caught little dolies on half pilchards but nothing on the yakkas difted past the beacon a few more times than wammo zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz where on where on on screem :yahoo: marlin about 100kg is going crazy at the back of the boat the first run took about 200mtrs of line we finaly got some line back then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz again we got the marlin back to the boat 3 times in 1 hour we thought we finaly had it beat when the worst thing happens rod goes snap line goes ping :074: gone ah well it was the longest i have fougt a fish for and i was stoked :biggrin2: always next time still havent boated one just have to keep trying still a great day on the water caught a couple of little dollies and nearly a marlin

cheers mik :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Great catch mate, good photos and good eating table fish. :1fishing1:

Hi mate

greet story, good catch

I cant wait to see a photo of your face :1yikes: when you do land one.

Dont loose faith in the site ,Keep the photos and storys coming mate.

I to have coped a bit ,is there a rule :if you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all?

any way take it easy mate

Top feed of dollies, wish they were like that off botany.

cheers james

i know what your saying james :(

anyway nice catch mik, shame about the lost marlin, at least you have the experience now.

bloody top effort.

well done

Top effort with the dollies, pity about the marlin.

Did you get any photos of it?

3 times to the boat, you may as well say you did a catch and release !!!!

At least you got a good feed and let 100kg of Marlin go (for the scoffers).

There are many days when fishing is poor, so when a good day comes you have to please the missus and the friends who have a dig at you when you get nothing. Overall I think you will find that most Fisho's on this site respect the fish population, and other fisho's.

Cheers

Greg

thanks for all the kind words there lads cant wait to try again next week

just went to the tackle shop and put a deposit on 2 24kg backbones hope they dont break

sorry guys no photo of the marlin my brother had hard enough trouble driving the boat only his third time out wide but getting better

cheers mik :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

great catch mik unlucky bout the marlin, u got the cordinates for the beacon is it far out for us sydney fishos to head down that way ...

the beacon is about 8km off port kembla the fad is a coule more km out here are the gps marks hope yah catch a few

beacon

S 34.28.416

E 151.01.316

fad

S 34.27.360

E 151.04.386

cheers mik

Mik

Only on Fishraider! Well done on the catch & even better effort sharing your co-ords. I realise they are probably common points that you could find with a bit of searching but the fact that people here share so willingly is admirable & very, very cool.

Go Raiders!

Well done.

PS - I'd give you some co-ords for Burrendong but they're probably dry land at the moment :074: (Although improving daily with the rain)

Thats the way Mik, 24's are the go on marlin. Nice feed of Dollies, my nieghbours love me when we get into the dollies.

Good on you for sharing GPS co-ords with your fellow "southerners" we're still waiting for the dollies up here.

Cheers Jeff