Best Year Ever At Currarong

fisherwoman

Hey all,

Bit of a delayed post. Went on our annual fishing trip with THE SWEENY (my dad), godfather and friends to currarong from 30th March to 5th April and we had the time of our lives... :yahoo:

Day 1.

Caught about a douzen lizards and 4 snapper, didn't get pics got to caught up in the moment and forgot.

Day 2.

Got out early and couldn't go wrong

post-2319-1176779778_thumb.jpg

Day 3.

same as day 1

post-2319-1176779785_thumb.jpg

Day 4.

Who could have had a better time

post-2319-1176779792_thumb.jpg

We had the best year we have had for a while, The flatties were everywhere, we were throwing and that were just legal back because we were catching so many, we even named a gps mark Jurassic Park, I caught my PB flattie and Snapper. We were catching them on squid, pillies, fish baits, pretty much anything we put down.

The snapper weren't biting like they normally do they were pulling on the bait like the lizards do.

post-2319-1176779801_thumb.jpg

post-2319-1176779811_thumb.jpg

post-2319-1176779822_thumb.jpg

post-2319-1176779873_thumb.jpg

The weather was ok, had a few rainy days, but who cares when you catch fish like this.

We had some trouble trying to get squid due to the wind everyday, eventually got them of the rocks on the beach just on dusk.

We took a freezer down with us and it came back full. Now that's what i call a week we will never forget.

Kat

I'm heading down there this weekend. Hoping for the same amount of luck! :biggrin2:

if you are going with a boat we got the larger flatties in about 10m of water and pretty much on any drift across any sand, they were pretty much everywhere.

Thanks for the comments everyone, however the funny thing is I don't eat fish, hahahhah, I only catch them so my dad has kept them all.

if you are going with a boat we got the larger flatties in about 10m of water and pretty much on any drift across any sand, they were pretty much everywhere.

Thanks for the comments everyone, however the funny thing is I don't eat fish, hahahhah, I only catch them so my dad has kept them all.

Tell him to open a fish n chips shop

Thats a great report, :biggrin2: good to hear as me and Big Banana are going down this weekend :thumbup:

If the fishing is half as good ill be happy :biggrin2:

Did you pick the snapper up while targeting the flatties, or pick them up on the close reefs offshore?

Thanks Shaun :beersmile:

Thats a great report, :biggrin2: good to hear as me and Big Banana are going down this weekend :thumbup:

If the fishing is half as good ill be happy :biggrin2:

Did you pick the snapper up while targeting the flatties, or pick them up on the close reefs offshore?

Thanks Shaun :beersmile:

We got the snapper driffting in deeper water about 30m, they liked fresh the squid heads. The other boat with us anchored and berlied and got plenty too. We sat on some of the reefs but pickedup to much junk so we started drifting, each drift we picked up 1 or 2 snapper. They were on the bottom and not biting like normal they were pulling on the bait so we had to hit them to get them hooked.