Botany Bay On The 15th

houmous2001

Hi All,

Got a call from a mate (harry) at 2am saying he has an itch to fish, so i was up without hesitation and at his house by 2:15am lol i cant help it ..

got to our squiding spot landbased @ 3am and caught 8 quick squid... one was too good for bait lol so i kept it for later....

Quickly headed out to BB after some kings.... Not much was happening at first besides lil peckers and this weird red thing... ( i think its a rass)..

then i change to a lil strip of squid on a size 4owner to try and get trevs on my GLoomis GLX2 rod and Daiwa TDSol 2000 packed with 4lb line, i put it down turn around then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... music to my ears ... awesome fight on light tackle and we had our first king... shortly after Harry lands a nice flattie on pike strips.

We then move to the oil wharfs where the trevas were on every cast within 3secs of hitting the water we were on... crazy stuff on light gear ...

shortly after, and typical of my lil bro his rod which was set down deep screams zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and he lands a nice king 68cm ... not oo bad, then the little *&^%$ catches another in just 5 mins after his first.. HAHA he always does this to me...

So a few more trevs and we called it a day .. all in all it was aday of fun and good times ...

P.S i released the first king i caught as it was only 58cm... much to the dissappointment of the boats around me who watched in shock ...

post-3826-1176784341_thumb.jpg

post-3826-1176784360_thumb.jpg

post-3826-1176784380_thumb.jpg

post-3826-1176784400_thumb.jpg

post-3826-1176784412_thumb.jpg

post-3826-1176784423_thumb.jpg

If the "weird red thing... ( i think its a rass).." is the one in the photo it looks like a red mowong, not bad eating and very popular with the underwateros as they stay completely still when threatened.

Good bag of fish.

Southerly

If the "weird red thing... ( i think its a rass).." is the one in the photo it looks like a red mowong, not bad eating and very popular with the underwateros as they stay completely still when threatened.

Good bag of fish.

Southerly

Good tasting fish too

Great work mate, what were you catching the Trev's on?

IFS

Well done Jewiejoe on the fish great bag as mentioned, was out on the Bay Saturday and It was similar conditions so the Bay is sure firing. The :wife: and i caught heaps of Trevs and also a few nice sized snapper as well as a 65cm Kingie :yahoo: then moved to the cans (number 3) and picked up another Kingie. Looking forward to Anzac day if the weathers good again.

Cheers Mat

Well done Jewiejoe on the fish great bag as mentioned, was out on the Bay Saturday and It was similar conditions so the Bay is sure firing. The :wife: and i caught heaps of Trevs and also a few nice sized snapper as well as a 65cm Kingie :yahoo: then moved to the cans (number 3) and picked up another Kingie. Looking forward to Anzac day if the weathers good again.

Cheers Mat

il b oout on ANZAC day aswell hopefully get some more kings... im going out on sat for some dollies ... cant wait