Super Kings

Phar Cue

post-767-1180921982_thumb.jpgpost-767-1180921996_thumb.jpg

Fished out of JB saturday on my mates 6.8m 'Gee-Wizz' for YFt. After hearing of plenty of Fin being caight we thought it would be a breeze.

Anyway fished all day for zero's, went out to the 1,500 fathom line, super conditions but no Fin. There was a comp on and listening to the radio no one had turned a reel. Tried some bottom bashing but again zero's.

Sunday came and gave us similar conditions but we thought we would try something a bit different. We filled up the live bait tank with yakka's and slime and headed out near the Banks.

Tried 2 spots and had cuttlefish monster out baits then hit another sly spot.

First drop must have landed on a Kingies head cause as soon as the bait was at the depth it went BANG! Up comes 14kg of muscle.

The next 4 baits came up with 2 x 11kg and a 9kg and a dropped shark.

They went off after the shark turned up, so 45kg of Hoodlums and we were off home.

Not bad.

Edited by Phar Cue

Guest Plastic Fanatic

:1yikes::1clap::thumbup: That's an impressive brace of 'hoods!' :beersmile: all round!

Bloody tremendous effort ... Well Done!

DEFINITELY FOTM CONTENDER!!!!

Edited by Hodgey

Hi guys

Are you sure you didn't catch those in NZ water?? They would qualify as a Kiwi fish, easily!!!

Cheers

Roberta

PS I like your 'Call Sign' name!!!

Nah, caught at the Mud in JB as Keeping_TABS assumed.

And 'Phar Cue' is the name of my 4.5 Markham Whaler

post-767-1180921982_thumb.jpgpost-767-1180921996_thumb.jpg

Fished out of JB saturday on my mates 6.8m 'Gee-Wizz' for YFt. After hearing of plenty of Fin being caight we thought it would be a breeze.

Anyway fished all day for zero's, went out to the 1,500 fathom line, super conditions but no Fin. There was a comp on and listening to the radio no one had turned a reel. Tried some bottom bashing but again zero's.

Sunday came and gave us similar conditions but we thought we would try something a bit different. We filled up the live bait tank with yakka's and slime and headed out near the Banks.

Tried 2 spots and had cuttlefish monster out baits then hit another sly spot.

First drop must have landed on a Kingies head cause as soon as the bait was at the depth it went BANG! Up comes 14kg of muscle.

The next 4 baits came up with 2 x 11kg and a 9kg and a dropped shark.

They went off after the shark turned up, so 45kg of Hoodlums and we were off home.

Not bad.

That is some nice fish there. :thumbup: .With every 1 having boats and catching just about any species we want these days.I would have to say that the days of CHARTER BOTS are numbered.As i have not been out wide on a charter boats for years,and no need to any more.