Norway 26.4 - 1.5.2007

JaniFIN

Hi Raiders!

Have been busy, because i work ours neighbor Sweden and try save money for Asia, Australia and Oceania :1fishing1: trip .

This is little story ours fishing trip to North Norway. There was about 27 finnish sea fishers.

Weather was weeery bad :1badmood: snowing, freezing wind over 17m/s and raining. Was colld like Russian hell :frozen: First evening was best weather, but we vas so tired after driving 1300km that we fishing only couple of hours. Get only couple of fish, small keila(Brosme brosme ) and we did see many dolphins. Later that same evening i did ask my girlfrend engaged with me, and her say yes. So we did take little cognac and beer that evening. :beersmile: .

Second day was worst, wind over 17m/s and raining 0.5cm ice balls, it was painly experience fishing. Face is still like blueberry because, that ice balls hit to face. We did drive only 200m from huts and fishing flounders and i get my rocord Dab??? 350g and my girlfrend get 250g dab?. Later evening we continue engagement party by bigger group. We did make honey marinated pork beef and drink more cognac, calvados and beers.

Day 3 was little better weather, but we didnt find fishes?? Only couple of wolf fishs, bigest was over 6.5kg

Day 4 was allmoste same that day 3, fishes was disappear, only Germans get cods.

Day 5....same thing no fishes, but boys find one place and get couple bigger cods, 7, 9 and 16.5kg. And one frend get one small halibut and Monkfish about 2kg...uggly fish, but taste good. That evening we did keep little BBQ party for end fishing trip.

So, not so many fishes this year, but i get my dab record 350g (WR is only 500g), 1 new sort (whiting) and i get 167cm catch, my girlfrend, lure was gold ring :wub:

Here is some picture and better story, but story is it finnish languages...soorryyy :tease: Maby you can understand how cold there was if you look peoples faces some pictures.

http://www.rpteam.net/skjervoy04-07.htm

Next sea fishing plan is go to South Sweden fishing mackerels 13.8.2007

Tight lines :1fishing1:

Jani

Edited by JaniFIN

Champ, that looks mighty cold over there. Looks like a good catch, but they are some ugly looking fish. Is it just me, or does that pink lure in the box look like something else with a hook put through the end. Something you may find in an adult store?????

If they work let us know, I am happy to try something different.

Is it just me, or does that pink lure in the box look like something else with a hook put through the end. Something you may find in an adult store?????

i would have to agree :1yikes::074::074:

Crikey's Jani that sounds cold! :frozen: although the Beer with Cognac :1wine: sounds like that would certainly help.

It sounds like you made the most out of the conditions some of those look pretty ugly, nasty teeth on the wolf fish.

Congratulations on getting engaged :1pash: .

terrific post and photos very informative a credit to the site.

i reckon the hawks was colder this winter though.

i'd rather be fishing for those foam mouthed ones in the simpson desert

did anyone eat that foam mouthed freak in the photo?

cheers hot topic this one the best

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1:

Champ, that looks mighty cold over there. Looks like a good catch, but they are some ugly looking fish. Is it just me, or does that pink lure in the box look like something else with a hook put through the end. Something you may find in an adult store?????

If they work let us know, I am happy to try something different.

Soft Latex?

did anyone eat that foam mouthed freak in the photo?

fish on :1fishing1:

I had a pair of hot swedish backpackers staying with me in summer whome i met in thailand 6 months before, i was like a kid in a candy shop. :yahoo: Anyhow, i got to talking about fishing and apparently these horrible looking monsters of the deep are quite a prised catch. I guess you make do with what you've got to work with.

Hi Jani

Loved reading your report. My God - having to travel 1300kms to get to your fishing destination shows dedication! Looks like the soft plastics have taken off over there, too. Mind you, they were using plastic tubing there for decades!

It took me back to when I was travelling Scandinavia back in the (aaaagh!) late 70's!! (That is really showing my age!) We were tenting our way around Europe & it was July & still snowing! We got to Hammerfest & put up the tent. We tried to sleep in the tent, but it was so cold, at 2am we got up, went in to the kitchen, turned on all the ovens & slept on the floor instead!

We also went out on a little wooden fishing boat (like a 'double ender' - same shape both ends) & fished out in the harbour. We used big reels fixed to the side of the boat, & had 'droppers' on it with big sinkers on thebottom & coloured plastic covering the hooks, sliced to a point. No bait. You had to drop it some hundred metres or more & jig it. We got fish!! But we froze!! Icicles on our face, just from your breath! Amazing experience. Beautiful area, Scandinavia! After Norway, we then travelled into Finland & on to Russia & the rest of Europe.

Congratulations on your impending nuptuals!! Funnily enough, there was a Finnish Wedding here in Forster yesterday!! A local girl married a Finnish guy & married on the lakes edge. Gorgeous day for it. They will be settling in FInland & no doubt will have another ceremony over there for the buddies & relatives that couldn't make it over here. Quite a few did, tho!

As Donna says - when you get over here to Aussie, there is a network of Fishraiders up & down the coast - who would be only too happy to show you their 'back yard' & get you into some fish! If you get up the mid north coast of NSW, put Forster on your list of places to stay!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Hi Jani

:beersmile: congratulations to Saija and yourself :clapping:

Some nice fish caught :thumbup: too bad the number was down

Were you looking to catch any Halibutt yourself as there

are some monsters on the website photos

It looks too :frozen: for me - how did you feel anything

with those gloves on

Huge effort Jani thanks for sharing with us

Chris

sounds freezing Jani :frozen:

well done on the fish you got, one ugly looking flat fish in there

congratulations on the engagement also :wub:

CFD

jewgaffer ask: did anyone eat that foam mouthed freak in the photo?

Answer: That fish taste exellent....Is it english Monkeyfish??(Lophius piscatorius). It is moste expensive fish buy in market or restaurant here.

Deano35 ask: Is it just me, or does that pink lure in the box look like something else with a hook put through the end. Something you may find in an adult store?????

Answer: It is from adult store :1prop: we did given prize for moste strange fish, and that was monkey fish. I know that it work by fishing too :blush: , mut yoy have to modified some better tail...like little octopus.

So. now have to leave to Sweden again...2 veeks work and then back to home for one week.

"See" you later and tight lines for everybody :1fishing1:

Edited by JaniFIN

:beersmile:

Jani I love reading your reports on fishraider :biggrin2:

Can't wait to meet you guys and if you are here in February come find some marlin with us.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

:dito:

Would love to see some international fisherpersons hooking into some great fish with us. For god sakes don't bring that pink lure with you though, McGoose will have a field day teasin' ya on that!

Great report, bugger me it looks colder than the reception for a male stripper at a bikers clubhouse.

:dito:

Would love to see some international fisherpersons hooking into some great fish with us. For god sakes don't bring that pink lure with you though, McGoose will have a field day teasin' ya on that!

Great report, bugger me it looks colder than the reception for a male stripper at a bikers clubhouse.

:dito::dito:

And I thought it was cold last night when the rain came in.

Not even close to this type of cold fishing although I did catch a wobbegong which is just as ugly as some of those buggers.

Dave

jani top report mate.

I reckon i handle the cold real well fishing just in my footy shorts and red jacket through the night in the middle of winter. But dam that s!@# looks freezing, you look like you are wearing ski suits.

Congrats on the engagement to buddy.

Cheers

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jani

. I will be in south Sweden on a family holiday on the

16/8/07 for 6 days near Skoved and Tibro chasing some pike. Would be fun to catch up. 2 Fishraiders in Sweden. :beersmile:

Claus

Hi! This Tibro is near veery good salmon fishing lake Vättern :thumbup: . Try get one fishing trip there. Here is some info. http://www.vattern.org/2.e1f305103306e8f09800027387.html

I go to Göteborg, but first we drive near to Oslo Norway for couple of days.