Nrl Grand Final

zen801

I thought i would make this bold statement as it is sure to generate some feedback.

Looks like a Melbourne and Manly grand final. Feel good about it as i was born in Melbourne ( thank god the oldies left and took us with them) and i now live in Warringah.

Also any other raiders got the Flu. Mate i have been rotten sick for over almost two weeks now and think ive got at least a week to go. This morning woke up and can hardly speak. Wife and kids are happy at least.

Beware the flu is a real bad one ATM.

Cheers all, and Go the Mighty Sea Eagles.

A sick Zenman.

Also any other raiders got the Flu. Mate i have been rotten sick for over almost two weeks now and think ive got at least a week to go. This morning woke up and can hardly speak. Wife and kids are happy at least.

Beware the flu is a real bad one ATM.

A sick Zenman.

It wouldn't have anything to do with being out on a fcking cold night in the middle of a river fishing would it? :1prop::biggrin2:

Hope you get better real soon.

Billy

I think it is gonna be a Storm - Doggies Final.....Manly cant perform in Finals Football, although they have performed well this season semi final footy is a completely different ball game and Manly will have difficulty in the finals against other top 8 teams at full strength, they have been very fortunate to played wuite a few teams not at full strength. Broncos, Cronulla, Tigers just to mention a few.

I think if both the Storm and Bulldogs have all players on hand they will be very hard to beat come finals time.

Parra would have to be another team that can also make it to the GF,

All other teams including my beloved Tigers just dont seem to have what it takes.

Time will tell i guess

Edited by netic

I think it is gonna be a Storm - Doggies Final.....Manly cant perform in Finals Football.

I think if both the Storm and Bulldogs have all players on hand they will be very hard to beat come finals time.

Parra would have to be another team that can also make it to the GF,

All other teams including my beloved Tigers just dont seem to have what it takes.

Time will tell i guess

I'm also hoping for a Dogs -Storm GF.

Hopefully both teams will have all their stars back for that game. :thumbup:

melbourne is looking ominus, but i think when mason and the rest of the injured doggies are back coupled with sonny bill they should do it comfortably, they ramp up when its finals time and are tough as nails.

Edited by Kingies till i die

Storm.... Been the most consistant all year. They also have had a few injuries but have just about wrapped the minor premiership up. Team to beat and should be in the GF.

Manly.... Are a very good team when on their game. They should of really beaten the sharks by 50 last night..very disapointing performance and didnt look like a GF winning team.

Eels.... Sitting at 3rd now, but with a tough road home they will either sink or swim.

Cowboys.... They have the skills in the backs, and the power in the forwards, if they can get it right in time then they have a shot of going all the way.

Broncos.... No Lockey, no Hunt, no chance..

Warriors.... Dont count them out, they have everything on the park they need, they just need more discipline and patience

Dogs.... Toughish road home, got some key players out at the moment, but even with them back they are still not the same bulldogs team others fear.

Tigers.... They are a team that if they get on a roll and get some confidence going they can beat anyone. One of only 2 teams to beat the storm this year. When Benji and Hodgo come back they will be a new team. I think they have the best Hooker in the game playing at halfback, and until he gets back to hooker they will struggle against the bigger teams. Come finals time......watch out.

I think the rest will be lucky to make the 8 and only have an outside to no chance of making the GF.

Im a long time Manly supporter here on the penninsula, but thinking of jumping ship just because of how badly theyve treated Mick Monaghan, but then again, i dont think theres any other team i could go for. Nah, go the manly boys.

Geeeez guy's I don't see any mention of the Roosters :1yikes:

Surley Melb must be worried now after a 2 game winning streak

under the control of Freddy

:074::074::074:

I'm allowed to dream :1prop: That's my team

It looks to be Melb and any team that came keep an injury

free side together in the final run

Manly - still able to dissapoint with below par performances

Parra - lot's of speed and some good thinkers with their timing seeming

to be just right for the run home

Dog's - they have been there before but need to get over the injury

problems - you can't discount the factor of SBW, Willy and the pack

Tigers - need Benji & Brett so they can sort the halves out - it has

all the marks of their 2005 finish

Warriors - the dark horses with some solid performers that aren't

scared to throw the ball around - if it sticks look out they can beat

any side on their day

Chris

Well Im hoping your comments about the tigers are right.....We seem to be able to beat the storm and play well against them.....i read an article where it said that more teams should play like the tigers against the storm as they don't seem able to defend against our attack so well...

Tiger have played then twice this year and the scores were

18-16 Mel Win

30- 12 Tigers win

Hopfully with the inclusion of Benji and Hodgo we can put some form together...espcecially seeing that Farah will be back at Hooker

it's all well and good to decide the grandfinal going off what your heart says, but at the end of the day you have to think about it logically.

you have to sit down, look at the stats, look at the run home, the for and against, the home and away games, the injuries etc ...

there are many many factors that need to be taken into consideration when one is chossing ....

ahhhhh who am I kidding?

GO THE DOGGIES!!!

:thumbup::yahoo::thumbup::yahoo:

No Martin your absolutely right.

That is why Manly will at least make the GF.

They have plodded away and kept their heads down all year. They have beaten the Storm, a feat that not many have done this year and defended very well.

They may not be the flashiest side on the park but their stats tell the story.

Yes i admit that not many people rate them to take a GF. This has more to do with the"silver tail syndrome".

Mate it suits me as the odds have been good enough all year - thanks all u doubters.

Ps Zenman has been wrong before. Also MM to score the game saving try in GF. Pay back!

No Martin your absolutely right.

That is why Manly will at least make the GF.

They have plodded away and kept their heads down all year. They have beaten the Storm, a feat that not many have done this year and defended very well.

They may not be the flashiest side on the park but their stats tell the story.

Yes i admit that not many people rate them to take a GF. This has more to do with the"silver tail syndrome".

Mate it suits me as the odds have been good enough all year - thanks all u doubters.

Ps Zenman has been wrong before. Also MM to score the game saving try in GF. Pay back!

Zenman the saddest part of the whole manly success is the fact that i believe one man is responsible...Monaghan.....he has been by far your best player...createing most of your flair and really do well in all aspects.....he is probably the most underated player in the league and for some crazy reason Hasler does not want him...

In 2005 you guys were on top until the orford saga started and Monaghan knew his job wasnt secure...monagahan started t play bad and you guys lost heaps of games in a row....

Next year without him you guys will suffer......like we have suffered without Pat richards who was the most underated player in 2005.

Netic,

Mate i totally agree.

Dunno what the problem is with MM and the club but a total shame to see him go OS.

I have always enjoyed his work on the field. He also does some good community work and doesnt make the headlines for all the wrong reasons like so many of this era's young players.

I tipped 7 of 8 in my tipping comp and only missed the bulldogs game. I thought i tipped them and even watched the game with satisfaction until later when i checked my tips. :05:

Pat Richards, feels like it's been a long long time since I've heard that name. I agree he was underrated, a star who wasn't recognised as well as he should have been.

There's always a few key players in the team, interestingly enough for the roosters (lets hope they get a few more wins), their star came back, maybe not shining in the same way, but at least controlling the troops until the end of the year at least.

Pat Richards, feels like it's been a long long time since I've heard that name. I agree he was underrated, a star who wasn't recognised as well as he should have been.

There's always a few key players in the team, interestingly enough for the roosters (lets hope they get a few more wins), their star came back, maybe not shining in the same way, but at least controlling the troops until the end of the year at least.

Mate all you need is a champion around the players and that will rub off....if anything the roosters have shown that.....it may be a bit late for them this season but if anything it will put them in a good position for 2008.....

Even thought fittler was still around the camp before he became head coach now he is the one giving the big speech before the match and that will mean heaps to the players...you gotta remember most of the current team either played with him or worshipped him growing up.

And Pat richards...well i dont think we would have won the comp without him...everyone talks about the Benji flick pass as the greatest bit of brillance in recent grand finals but Richards had a lot of work to do after the pass was thrown...work that an ordinary winger couldnt have done....

He had to palm off a fresh inter change forward in Jensen( who is known for his strength) and then do it without losing his speed thus allowing other defenders to catch up.

And who can forget his 70 metre drop kicks, a line drop out against the tigers in 2005 wasnt a good result after attacking our line because you had tackle 1 from 50 metres out not 30 metres like any other team.

Edited by netic

As much as it pains me to say it I dont think my Mighty Manly will have what it takes to win the GF. I do agree with the rest of you in saying that MM is up there as one of the best for us if not the best but you can go past "snake" Brett Stewart. He is a class above, speed to burn and can sniff out a try on any field. I just dont think we have enough up front to combat a fully fit Melb or Bulldogs side.

Melbourne is whitout a doubt the front runner there backline is the best by far no matter what comnination they field but for me the thing that works against them is that they have to play the GF in Sydney. So in saying that I think that the dogs have what it takes and that they are building up to something big for the finals series. SBW, Reni and Ryan are playing some top footy and then you know you can chuck in Haz for a cool 8 or 10 points per game.

Its all going to depend on who makes the 8 and where they finish.

Cheers

Dan

ps - I got $600 riding on the dogs in a free bet from an agency. PM me if you want info on the free bet

Edited by Kiwi Dan

Looks like a Melbourne and Manly grand final.

Also any other raiders got the Flu. Mate i have been rotten sick for over almost two weeks now and think ive got at least a week to go.

A sick Zenman.

Those three sentences together make sense to me.

Without the explanatory two sentences that follow the first, I would be somewhat confused.

Gotta luv 1981 and 1982, what about you Zenman.

broncos, u cant beat em in gf footy. at full strength if theyre in the gf again theyll win

The man is right they don't lose grand finals...........but they wont get there this year.

Melbourne v Dogs

If you check my position on the Oztips ladder you will see just how well I have read this years comp, not.

Anyway had a sly $20 on the dogs when they were fading quick and got offered $15 to win the comp.

Still think Melbourne is unstoppable though.

Dave

ps Manly cant beat time with a stick

And Pat richards...well i dont think we would have won the comp without him...everyone talks about the Benji flick pass as the greatest bit of brillance in recent grand finals but Richards had a lot of work to do after the pass was thrown...work that an ordinary winger couldnt have done....

He had to palm off a fresh inter change forward in Jensen( who is known for his strength) and then do it without losing his speed thus allowing other defenders to catch up.

And who can forget his 70 metre drop kicks, a line drop out against the tigers in 2005 wasnt a good result after attacking our line because you had tackle 1 from 50 metres out not 30 metres like any other team.

Hey netic....do you remember when pat kicked off straight towards the sideline grubber style, the balls bounced twice and then over the heads of the other team (warriors i think) and over the 10m line into touch?? Tigers feed 35m outs....lol, that was the best kick off I've seen ever.

Richards was a top player, but i think most tall wingers would of done well with princes chip kicks, benjis draw and passes, and on the outside of fats... Take nothing away from him, but i think if you put Lawrence there we still would of won...big call, i know, but this kid has something special.

Benji and Hodgo was named in the tigers line up this weekend but I have a feeling the cowboys might win, but after that they have a clean run home. I cant really see any team after the cowboys till the end of the season that will give us a bother with Farah at hooker. He's a type of player that can stand a game on its head, and Benji can do the same. Come finals time the tigers will be right up there in the thick of things.

Tigers for 2007

Edited by tiger_shark