Georges River 25/08

The Iceman

I was wandering around the house this morning wondering what I was going to do when the :wife: said why dont you go fishing :1yikes: Normally I would be on the water at first light so it was a bit later than I would like but off I went 9:15 saw me on the Georges Tide was perfect for fishing a nice hole that I liike beauty a couple of casts in and hookup Nice EP 35cm Couple of casts later bang another nice EP 40cm While I was hooked up to this one a couple of boats(new looking tinnies with leccies on the front) came past and stopped for a look unfortunately as I had driffted away from the hole they drove straight over the top of it spooking the school I wasnt very happy but it was an honest mistake They didnt realise where the fish were After that I went for a spin up the river and seen a mate working on his boat (a trawler he is converting into a fishing pleasure boat) so I stopped jumped on board and had a chat and a couple of :beersmile:

post-62-1188025041_thumb.jpg

post-62-1188025140_thumb.jpg

SP used was a 3in flatback minnow in dirty lime on a 2gm squidgy jighead Very good SP and you can get them from Fishfinder Tony

Good stuff mate, I've got some of those lures but yet to try them out properly.

Hopefully some Bonito take a liking to them :1prop:

Pity about those blokes spooking the fish but as long as they just didn't race through and not give a s@#t

IFS

Hey mate they are nice looking fish. Ive finally mastered the tricky e.ps of Avoca goon but they all seem to be of a smaller size. I got one a few weeks back though that was around 28 cm that had a solid chunk missing out of its tail. Good fun but cheers