Upcoming Season

netic

This thread makes me want to go fishing, especially as todays so sunny outside!

My goals are

1. Learn how to catch squid better

2. Learn how to use SP's to catch anything other than rock fish

3. To catch my second big jewie (no doubt I'll be asking JewGaffer lots of questions!!)

4. To catch some big bream again!! Just can't seem to hook them up lately!!

5. To test out my recently repaired favourite rod (off topic but: it's funny that rod was a cheapie when I got it but I just seem to have a knack fishing with it - so rather than just replacing it I had the runners repaired - could have bought a new rod for the price but it just wouldn't have been the same)

My Goal is a simple one Go Fishing

1/ Go fishing Regularly

2/ Fish with some of the more expierenced guys\gals

3/ improve my boating skills

4/ catch fish consistently doesnt matter what type just learn to be consistent then i can go and target a species

5/ meet more RAIDERS

Cheers

Might see what the :wife: is doing tonight might slip out and go for a quick fish

My goals this Spring and Summer

I’d love to:

1.catch a 2kg+ Snapper. I’ve read everything Ross Hunter and other Raiders have said about Snapper fishing so I’m keen to listen to their advice and try it out.

2.beat my Kingy 70cm PB. (Actually, that was the only legal Kingy I've caught) I’d like to catch one in Botany Bay as I’ve never caught any Kings there. I've got a lot to learn about catching Kingys!

3.Finally, after reading all the great Raider blackfishing reports, I’d like to try it some time, or at least watch someone do it.

Hope all the Raiders attain their goals.

Cheers

Peter

I am on my way to achieving one of my goals this season with the Marine Radio Operators Certificate on offer for all Raiders at the Kingsgrove RSL. :thumbup:

You can have all the safety gear in the world on your boat but if you cant use it competently whats the point.

My other goal for this season is to have as much fun enjoying my fishing with my family.

:074::074: Ahh who am I kidding I want to catch Kingies and Dollies and Bonito and anything that swims flatout and takes drag :yahoo:

Oh yeh and get better at catching bloody Squid :tease:

Russ

Sadly the goals are fairly similar to last year - due to their not being met.

1. Land my first jew off the beach (preferably an Eastern Suburbs beach)

2. Crack the code on Pittwater kingfish so that I can catch them regularly, and

3. Pull a 40cm+ bream on lure.

Easy, right?

• 3 months later...

Fish as hard & often as possible,try to catch some good fish especially nice jewies,solid kings,big dollie,

big snapper on plastic,big bream on plastic,and ofcourse put in some serious time chasing striped & black

marlin out of my own boat off either sydney,port stephens,jervis bay or wherever there happens to be a

hot bite i wanna be there too.

Jewfish over 10 KG

Kingfish over 80 cm

Good feed of flathead on regular basis

Instant Squid

A few fishing holidays. ( hopefully Yalata beach in S.A where i have read amazing Jewfish reports )

A few crabs in my pots would be nice after a full day fishing as well.

That will do me fine