Upcoming Season

netic

Well guys now that winter is over and we have entered spring the upcoming summer season is nearly upon us...

Im pretty pumped for this summer as i have only been fishing a few times this winter and am really icthing to test out all the new gear i have acquired over winter....

Im looking forward to ripping into the sydney kings this summer up my upgraded electric rigger and will be fishing for them nearly every week with Big Steve, Crazy John or Downrigger.....

Main goal this summer will be to get as many 1 metre+ kings as possible, this year im better armed than i was last year so hopefully it will mean fewer bust offs....

My boat has had the mods completed ( another thread will be started to show the mods)

Also looking at nailing some Snapper on plastics this season....who knows how i will go at that....

Also guys, as the Kingy limits have been increased i imagine many kings will be getting released this season, I just got off the phone with fisheries and ordered a new set of tags to be sent out to me, Each king that gets released i always tag so that i can get the info if this fish is ever recaptured and it also helps fisheries track kingfish growth rates and migrations.

Tags are free and all you need to do is call fishries and have them sent out to you.

Good luck to everyone and happy fishing to you all over summer

My goals are a Striped Marlin on Broady from Port Stephens (only caught blacks)

A 60cm bass in November from Glenbawn.

And hopefully tie the knot with Donna next year :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

well i havet been fishing seriously for long and havent had great success! though i did get many 1st's this year since i got my new boat. 1st dollies thanks chris and sammy and my 1st(and only) kingy which was legal at that time! so i cant wait to get some more dollies but over this winter ive added some new tools to the boat, a new sounder/gps, a live bait tank and i just got home from buying a downrigger (which was always coming but i just viewed some of your videos netic from when you went to the bay and that was it i went and got it!)

so my goals for this year fishing wise are to become proficient at catching squid and bait fish and to get a feed of kings on a more regular basis!

a little nudge in the right direction here and there would be awesome guys!

Edited by wildfish

I feel a theme starting to emerge here...... A big sydney king 80-90cm+ as ive only managed under 75cm so far and to get something of the billfish variety of sydeny as well!!! As always to become more proficiant with the way we go about the whole show from boating to bait catching!!!!!

Oh and get a big dollie to!!!!

Edited by fishlexic

My goal this coming summer is....... i would love dearly to get my wife (genelle)

to be able to last longer than getting the boat off the trailer at the ramp before turning green......

seeing's i have unsucessfully tried for 20 yrs i don't like my chances........

name of the goal........ don't give up and keep trying!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Warnie......... :1boat:

This Summer I'd like to give my new combo's that have both been rigged up and ready to go as of last weekend (birthday money well spent).

Targets for my landbased fishing are to get a heap of Frigates, Bonito, Kings, Squid and the odd Salmon and Tailor.

Targets for my boatbased fishing include loads of Dollies (Bull's aswell) and anything big like a Wahoo or Marlin would be awsome.

IFS

1.improve my squidding skills

2.Consistently catch kings in the harbour

3.improve my balooning and drifting skills

and hopefully get my 1st 10kg plus fish from the stones! thats doesnt include sharks

4.Plus do my bid to clean up the stones and create awareness for rockfishing safety!

Most of all i want to increase my knowledge about getting bigger fish!!

1m+ jew

And a king 80cm+

Wouldn't mind getting a few big lizards too!

Im more informed this summer so it should be a good one!

Call me a dreamer but I hope to catch my PB snapper, kingy and jewy all in the one season... :biggrin2:

Ah well, stranger things have happened! But I seriously plan on putting the new gear to good use...cant bloody wait for the warmer weather...

That was mine last summer and i achieved it so anything is possible!

Good luck!

funny as it may seem now all the closet luderick anglers have put the long rods away to concentrate on kings and bream it eases the pressure on the luderick pop cause as weird as it sounds i caught more big fish last summer than i did for the winter so heres to summer and more big parra river blackies!

Kings, kings, kings...

Ive added a downrigger to my 13ft tinny and cant wait to get it out there.

More specifically - see how far WEST in the harbour I can get kings and squid.

Also getting as light as i can on the kings.. gives me the biggest rush when I hook up on them on my light spin combo bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

1) spend about 20 hours a week on the water (the joys of being a student!!)

2) start catching kings on a regular basis

3) king on plastics

4) become a better squidder

hopefully just putting in the hours will help to acheive this through trial and error...