Quick Squid Fish

Kiwi Dan

Gday one and all!!

Just a quick post, I chucked the boat in last night planning to try and nail a few squid for bait this weekend. Steve and I were joined by one of my mates Vanessa who had never been squid fishing. We arrived at the spot and I gave her a quick tutorial and she was away. It was the first drift and Steve and I hadnt got our lines in yet as we were looking for some glow sticks!! Then all we hear from the back of the boat is "ive got some squids!!" we spin around and there she is standing holding 2 squid up on the paternoster rig . On her first drop ever she nails 2 in one go - LEGEND.

post-4176-1190864919_thumb.jpg post-4176-1190864966_thumb.jpg

The session just took off from there as we started pulling them in at a reasonable pace, with a few thumpers amongst them. I scored this bad boy going 25cm(hood) and Steve got a 22cm(hood) in the same drift.

post-4176-1190864988_thumb.jpg

It was a cracker night, a couple beers each a few squid and a few laughs!! And that is the first double hook up of squid in my boat so she has got a lot of bragging power to my mates and my :wife:

cheers

Dan

Gday one and all!!

We arrived at the spot and I gave her a quick tutorial and she was away. It was the first drift and Steve and I hadnt got our lines in yet as we were looking for some glow sticks!!

Looking for glow sticks...Sure you weren't tucking into the Maccas in your pic ??

:1prop:

Nice squids - and well done Vanessa

Edited by Webby

nice squid Dan

u look like youre holding a southern and Vanessas are arrows

bothe species at one spot ..nice

Yeah mate we took a mixed bag all night, we got some decent southerns on 1.8.

You out Monday? Dan (D&G) said there could be a bit of a crew getting out.

Webby,

I missed the boat (no pun intended) on the maccas run that was Steve and Vanessas!!

Lucky she brought a 6 pack of Carlton along though. Chicks that love fishing and bring beer along, gotta love that!!

cheers

Dan

Hi kiwi Dan,

well done on your catch. just a quick question. afteer you catch them, what do you do to them to store them. do you just put them into the freezer or is there a bit of prep involved?

JayKay

Hi Jaykay,

Mate when i take them home for future use i seal them in the snaplock sandwhich bags. Normally about 2 per bag, just chuck them in seal the bag nearly all the way then squeeze the air out then fully seal. Thats how i do it, im not sure how others do it. I also make sure not to get any fresh water on them either.

Cheers

Dan

Hey Kiwi Dan,

wer'e hitting MH for some squids early sat morn and will be trying to turn them into kingies later on. :biggrin2:

Might catch up with you if your about?

I've got the unpainted edgetrakker with the beer keg converted to a livie tank. :beersmile:

Sometimes I wonder if that was a wise move? :074:

What boat have you got?

Cheer's Rod.

hi,

im going up porthacking on sat night for squid then try me luck for some kings or jews. Got one question. after i catch my squid should i go n drop the boat in at botany bay or is there kings in porthacking?

Also im after someone to come along if any1 in the liverpool area is interested.. pm me

Brilliant and has to be true that she was a squid virgin as who else would wear a white jacket when squidding?

Can't believe that jacket stayed white but some beginners have al the luck.

Good on her and you obviously get legend status for getting her on to the squid.

Edited by pelican

Gday all,

Pelican

when she turned up to mine in that jacket i thought straight away bad move!! She wasnt bothered though, i think she kept it on because it matched her shoes!! hahaha

hey Rod,

mate ive got a centre console dehaviland with splash guards up the front, come say gday if your around.

And a converted keg live bait tank is something ive just got to see!!

sydneyfisho,

mate im no pro when it comes to P hacking in botany about kings but someone else should be able to help you out. You also shouldnt have a problem finding yourself a deckie, especially with it being the long weekend. Maybe post in the "desperate and boatless section"

Cheers all,

GO MANLY!!