Hawkesbury 30/11

inhlanzi

Thanks for the kind words Raiders

Some stats for those who asked - Length: 1m 38 cm, Weight: -+20kg, Fight lasted around 15mins (didn't think it was a Jewie at first so I took my time). Hooked at 11h30 on the run in tide. Massive 1st run of about 80 to 100meters and then two smaller ones and a couple of dives at the boat. I was on my own so when it came time to gaff him I really took my time and gaffed him under the chin and hauled him over the transom.

I have spent hundreds of hours at the spot I caught it at and seen others catch and loose fish but this was the first Jewie in that spot for me.

I am still on cloud nine.

Amazing how easy it is to clean the boat and gear after a fish like that. Already packed and ready to go again!

The fish will be enjoyed by the old fellows at the War Vets home in Galstone / Dural at their Christmas lunch on Monday. Thanks to the Folks at Windybanks Fish Shop for getting that organised.

Thanks again

cheers

inhlanzi

G'day Raiders

Got up real early to chase the old TEEHJ ( The ever elusive Hawkesbury Jewfish )

He was not so elusive this morning!!!

Was lucky enough to pick up this big fellow on the run-in tide this morning on a yakka cut bait.

post-1963-1196401898_thumb.jpg

I am a very very happy and satisfied fisherman...

post-1963-1196402908_thumb.jpg

A BIG Thank you to those who helped me along this journey - ya know who you are!!!

Cheers

inhlanzi

Fantastic fish!! congrates on a great capture

Top fish there Mike and well deserved :thumbup:

Much karma to you for donating it to some people that

will appreciate your gesture

:1prop: it's never like work when cleaning up after a good

fish has been caught

Hope its only the first of a regular run :biggrin2:

Chris

Edited by Chris 55

G'day Raiders

Got up real early to chase the old TEEHJ ( The ever elusive Hawkesbury Jewfish )

He was not so elusive this morning!!!

Was lucky enough to pick up this big fellow on the run-in tide this morning on a yakka cut bait.

post-1963-1196401898_thumb.jpg

I am a very very happy and satisfied fisherman...

post-1963-1196402908_thumb.jpg

A BIG Thank you to those who helped me along this journey - ya know who you are!!!

Cheers

inhlanzi

:1yikes: fantastic! :thumbup: well done mate,a fish like that certainly makes up for all the fruitless trips!..[ps.those r some wide shoulders u got there"ha!].

:1yikes: fantastic! :thumbup: well done mate,a fish like that certainly makes up for all the fruitless trips!..[ps.those r some wide shoulders u got there"ha!].

Well done Mike.

How's that for an adrenalin rush.

I've heard so much about your efforts through Byron and Pete, it feels like I know you well, although we have never met.