Kingfish Social

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be teaming up with swissfisho in his tinnie :)

Thanks Markus :1fishing1:

I have ammended the list and you are now paired with swissfisho ,Markus.

Cheers Stewy

How do these socials actually work? Sorry for the silly questions to follow!

Me and a few mates are considering attending, we have a boat and gear, but we don't really know anyone!

What time do we meet up? How long does it go for?

Do we follow someone to a spot and start fishing or do we all split up?

Just found the details of the day :)

But still wondering how the fishing bit works! Do we all split up? I don't have any kingy experience, so I guess a bit of a guide would be good!

How do these socials actually work? Sorry for the silly questions to follow!

Me and a few mates are considering attending, we have a boat and gear, but we don't really know anyone!

What time do we meet up? How long does it go for?

Do we follow someone to a spot and start fishing or do we all split up?

G'day Locodave,

The social is not a fishing tournament by any means. It is a social gathering of Fishraiders that fish for a target species, in this case..Kingfish.

It's not a true contest of who gets the biggest or most fish, just a chance for raiders to meet up and have a fish, whether it's boat based or landbased.

Have a read of the Rules here and as you will see, it begins early, from 6am with registration (this is mandatory) but that doesn't mean you have to be there early if you don't want...registration is open all morning.

You can split up and fish anywhere the rules state or you can follow another boat and see if they are onto fish..no hard and fast rules there.

Fishing must finish at 1pm where there is then a BBQ and social gathering followed by the presentations of the winners and grinners prizes.

It has a strong emphasis on the social side of things and members drop in and out of the Clifton venue, either to have fish measured and officially tallied or just to have a drink and a feed.

The BBQ is firing all day, so food and cold drinks are available to members throughout the morning.

There's a great beach there where you can beach your boat or there's the long jetty to temporarily tie up to.

There are toilet facilities at the venue as well.

Come along as they are more a chance to catch up with Raiders and put names to faces and tell tall stories mostly.

There will be quite a few Raiders who have no kingie experience like you. Be aware that Clifton Gardens is a prime kingie spot, so it may pay you to just anchor up out from the main jetty and try fishing from there.

You will see 2 big white drums in the bay as well as some yellow markers with "No Entry" signs on them,

DO NOT venture inside those markers as that is Australian Navy property and is policed vigorously.

You can anchor just outside those markers and cast inside the Navy area, just don't let your boat go into the Navy yard.

Some of the best kingies this year have been taken at Clifton.

The Kingfish are really secondary..if you manage to get one..bring it in to be measured and who knows...yours may be the biggest caught.

Hope this helps in explaining the why's and wherefores of Socials.

Please do come along, even if it's just for a chinwag.

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi

I became a member last winter with all the talk about the hairtail.

this time I would love to part of this and thanks to Locodave that asked the question.

so if you kindly add me to the list + 3 if we catch one that will be something if we don't we get to enjoy the good company :1fishing1:

Destiny

hi raiders! lets hope the weather and fish gods are with us on sunday! :thumbup:

me and the boys are bringing 240 cans of mixed soft drinks....this might not be enough...

as the list has fair dinkum grown :1yikes: ...so if anybody can bring a six pack of the soft stuff

that would be fantastic!.....cya's all there! :yahoo:

..cheers!..stevo!..

Hi

I became a member last winter with all the talk about the hairtail.

this time I would love to part of this and thanks to Locodave that asked the question.

so if you kindly add me to the list + 3 if we catch one that will be something if we don't we get to enjoy the good company :1fishing1:

Destiny

Glad you and your crew can make it Destiny...all added to the ever growing list.

Cheers,

Pete.

hi raiders! lets hope the weather and fish gods are with us on sunday! :thumbup:

me and the boys are bringing 240 cans of mixed soft drinks....this might not be enough...

as the list has fair dinkum grown :1yikes: ...so if anybody can bring a six pack of the soft stuff

that would be fantastic!.....cya's all there! :yahoo:

..cheers!..stevo!..

Good on ya Stevo...You'ld think 240 can would be plenty, but with the list growing like weeds...more may be necessary.

If members can bring some backups in their eskys...all should be sweet.

This event is shaping up to be a bumper social..the weather looks terrific at this stage...let's hope the kingies

play the game too.

Thanks Stevo,

Pete.

Gadayyyyyy Raiders ,if anyone has a few of those foam eskies ? would they mind bringing a few to the social so we can add the ice to keep the drinks and meat cold.

Cheers Stewy.

Hey peeps,

Forgot to add my name and my missus name for the kingie social - please include us. We'll see you guys at the wharf.

Hope its a great day for all :D

aloosh

Added to the list Aloosh..See you there.

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi guys,

Can you please add Moover and son to the kingie social.

(this is going to be interesting because we have NEVER caught a kingie before.)

One question, you must register before you commence fishing. My boat is moored at Watson Bay, where can we register before going fishing.????

cheers - Bob

Hi guys,

One question, you must register before you commence fishing. My boat is moored at Watson Bay, where can we register before going fishing.????

cheers - Bob

U can register at Clifton Gardens from 6am I believe.

penguin

Hi guys,

cheers - Bob

G'day Bob and little Moover..both added and yes, the guys are right..6am registration opens.

Also...If guys..can we can it a bit rather than hit Donna & Stewy & Johnno all at once. I believe they are doing it 3 handed until more help arrives.

Pete.

gday mods,

just letting you know that smole82 will now be attending and will be on the same boat as us

Smole is added to your boat FGH...you've got a full crew eh?

Pete.