The Best Eating Fish

Josh88

Best Eating Fish  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following do you think is best to eat?

• Fingermark
    • Yellowtail Kingfish
    • Tuna
    • Flathead
    • Snapper
    • Barramundi
    • John Dory
    • Trevally
    • Bream
    • Coral Trout +other reef fish
    • Spanish Mackeral
    • Other

Hi all,

Just thought i would do a poll on what everyones favourite eating fish is. I've listed a fair few options, if your favourite is not up there, press other and post what fish it is.

My favourite is Fingermark by a loooong way! :biggrin2:

Cheers

Josh

Edited by Josh88

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dollie stir fry that was made for me by the fijians while i was over there was one of the best meals i've ever eaten..... I wish i could get my dollies tasting the same... even so i think dollies areone of the best!

Sorry guys, its not i don't rate whiting i just forgot to put it in there! And i don't mean to be comparing other reef fish with coral trout, just saying if it is in that category.

Has anyone else actually had fresh fingermark, i had it a couple hours after i caught it and it was just unbeatable in my books :biggrin2:

Cheers

Josh

Coral trout or Red Emperor both up at the top.

Mind you some people call me strange as I love good fresh Nannygai. I'll take that over most Sydney fish.

With all due respect to other members tastebuds but the only way I could put a Kingy in my top ten is if you include the fight they put up as part of the rating. Each to their own though.

Dave

Coral trout or Red Emperor both up at the top.

Mind you some people call me strange as I love good fresh Nannygai. I'll take that over most Sydney fish.

With all due respect to other members tastebuds but the only way I could put a Kingy in my top ten is if you include the fight they put up as part of the rating. Each to their own though.

Dave

Kingfish are pretty damn good as sashimi.

Have you tried eating them roasted? I reckon the texture is much better when its roasted compared to fried.

(Those fish aren't my top 10 by the way, just the ones i thought of)

Josh

Edited by Josh88

Freshly beaten carp fillets, preferebly from the upper, dirtier reaches of the hunter river, salted for a day or two and fried in chilli-infused olive oil.... ten points for imaginiation? Haha, No seriously the tastiest fish i recall eating was some bbq'd spanish makeral steaks a few years back up the whitsundays, but nothing beats the old whiting. Bring on the weekend.

Freshly beaten carp fillets, preferebly from the upper, dirtier reaches of the hunter river, salted for a day or two and fried in chilli-infused olive oil.... ten points for imaginiation? Haha, No seriously the tastiest fish i recall eating was some bbq'd spanish makeral steaks a few years back up the whitsundays, but nothing beats the old whiting. Bring on the weekend.

You had me going on the carp for a second :wacko: . The mackeral as sashimi is great, add a bit of lemon and its right up there, different texture to tuna, kingfish, salmon etc... but the taste is great.

never tried sashimi, have no real idea what it is, guessin raw fish? anyone got a easy, tasty recipe to give it a shot next time i catch a kingie?

Sashimi is raw fish, the best piece of fish for this is usually the belly area which is what surrounds the guts, cut this out and wash it in icy water. Leave it in the fridge for a few hours and eat with soy, wasabi and lemon. Tastes great