Myola Fishing Holiday

jenno64

Spent 4 days down in a rented waterfront house at Myola down JB way.

post-4017-1240104540_thumb.jpg

Took the extended family and with a jetty in the backyard everyone had a ball. 5 year old Hugo couldn't be pulled away from the floating pontoon as he caught baitfish from dawn 'til dusk with the scoop net I bought him.

post-4017-1240104501_thumb.jpg

I had 3 generations fishing and catching lots of little bream, sweep, poddies and jackets.post-4017-1240104459_thumb.jpg

post-4017-1240104553_thumb.jpg

post-4017-1240104490_thumb.jpg

We pulled some mussels of the jetty and had a delicious cook up with a few good fish caught.post-4017-1240104511_thumb.jpg Took the wifeypoo out on the yak and she kicked my %$@* catching little flatties.post-4017-1240104572_thumb.jpg I used live poddies off my yak and only managed a couple of flatties of decent size (a bit disappointing after slaying the big flatties lately in Sydney) Scored one nice bream of 35cm on a nipper at dusk.

post-4017-1240104560_thumb.jpg

The fishing wasn't electric but the place was magic and everyone had a ball relaxing and fishing.post-4017-1240104480_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to get back there!

post-4017-1240104609_thumb.jpg

post-4017-1240104822_thumb.jpg

What a magic four days Rob. Looks like the whole family had an absolute ball! Even mum got in on the act and snared a few flatties :thumbup: Some sensational photos mate. Well done on a productive and enjoyable holiday :yahoo:

Cheers

Hodgey

G'day Jenno64, mate it sounds like you had a great time, the only bad thing is that it ended, fun with fishing and the family, dosen't get any better, great holiday pics too..

Cheers..

Hey Rob, Wonderfull place down there isn't it. My olds have a place right round the corner. I used to jump off a swing into the water about 100 meters away from you. Did you see the big mama sting ray that often shows off around there?

How gorgeous is that, Rob?? Love the pics too. You may have started a 'family tradition' now! :1yikes:

Sounds like you got a real mixed bag & well done on the nice bream & flatties.

Good to see the yak got an outing too:)

CHeerio

Roberta

• 1 year later...

Rob,

You did not mention the sandflies and the need to wear long trousers and airoguard. I fished runout tide on Myola breakwall last Saturday afternoon, caught stud blackfish, but am suffering today with at least

20 sandfly bites, itchy a hell,

Howsey.

We stayed in the exact house a couple of Easters ago, it is a magical spot. Didnt cath much off the jetty but we did try and catch a monster eel that came round each evening. Thanks for posting , brought back happy memories !