Monster Hawkesbury Jew!

tide'n'knots

Hi raiders I got a call from my mate joe ( a non fishraider) this arvo and he had just caught a big jew at brooklyn that he estimated at 40 pound so unable to resist I met him at his place around 9pm this evening and when I arrived he had totally underestimated the fish. It actually went 54lb or 25kilo!! :1yikes: what a monster!!!

It was caught on a tailor fillet and was hooked in the lip with a little keeper hook! the larger hook was swinging loose outside the fishes mouth! when he cleaned it there was a staneless 3/0 hook in its gut so some unlucky angler had already lost it at some stage. it measured 1.4 mtrs and had scales the size of 20cent pieces. sorry about the qaulity of the photo but it was taken in his garage with my mobile phone.

pete.

post-8689-1258372016_thumb.jpg

congrats to yr mate...

thats every jewmans dream... what a beast...

the fishing gods sure smiled nicely apon him eh...

woulda been scary seeing the little keeper hook being only thing holding on while trying to net it...

cheers..steve....

Hi steve

he didnt realise that it was only hooked with the keeper hook until it was gaffed and in the boat and then he saw it and thought SHIIIIIT! how lucky. He actually snapped the hook getting it out with plyers! this is a photo of the actual hook in his daughters hand.

post-8689-1258373894_thumb.jpg

That is massive...hope to hear more details of the capture and see some action pics too!!

unfortunately I cant tell you any more because that is all i know and he was by himself when he caught it so there are no action shots. I did take a photo on my digital camera which will hopefully look better online than the one i posted but my printer/fax /copier is screwed and I cant get it into my computer so I will try to use someone elses in the next few days.

pete.

That's a top Hawkesbury Mulloway Peter, bet your mate is happy with that one and you sound excited yourself. A 55lb Mulloway is a good reason for you to do a session up there soon yourself Pete, and I reckon keep on going back, it's certain to continue...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

wELL DONE TO Joe - what an awsome prize to capture all on his own.

You look like one very happy chappy Pete, all you need know is to capture one of your own of that size to add to the collection.

Any idea what day and tide the hook up occured would be great.

Thanks for sharing the news Pete.

Marcel

Twin 1 :beersmile::beersmile:

Now THAT is a JEWIE!!! How lucky is that?? To catch it on such a small keeper hook!! :1yikes::1yikes: Congratulations to Joe!!

I wonder if he got it at one of the Brooklyn Bridge Pylons? Hmmm, the old Tailor fillet!!! Terrific. I hear Blackfish fillet is good too!! Jewfish Jelly Beans!

Cheerio

Roberta

As stated previously that is a fish of a life time :yahoo:

Top effort by your mate :thumbup:

I am yet to open my Jew account, but havent fished for them yet either, can only dream that a trophy like that may come my way someday.

I'll have a drink to celebrate the catch also :beersmile:

wELL DONE TO Joe - what an awsome prize to capture all on his own.

You look like one very happy chappy Pete, all you need know is to capture one of your own of that size to add to the collection.

Any idea what day and tide the hook up occured would be great.

Thanks for sharing the news Pete.

Marcel

Twin 1 :beersmile::beersmile:

gday marcel, not sure what the tide was doing? but I think -run out. It was caught monday around 6pm.

Pete.