I'm Going In To Hospital To Have A Hand Operation Tomorrow

jewgaffer

Hi Raiders

I wish to let my Fishraider friends know that I'm going into hospital to have my right hand operated on early tomorrow morning... I had to have my left hand operated on earlier this year and, as a result of being injured in a boating collision in a friend's fishing boat in Ballina, I had a major back operation a few weeks after that..This happened while I was convalescing in Ballina from a previous back operation and also involved spinal nerve decompression... The result was that the previous spinal operation had to be re-done along with a couple of other areas, but that's life I suppose....

Things being as they were, I had to wait until this latest major spinal surgery settled down somewhat before having my right hand operated on.....

I expect to be in hospital for a few days or so as I've developed pinched nerves in my buttock area and there's a possibilty while I'm in there, the trauma team might do some pain relieving procedures on what I could best describe as the sciatic nerve paths coming down from the lower back and going thru the buttocks and the legs causing me fairly severe pains and moreso on movement...

Anyway the bottom line is I don't mind hospital food

See you soon Raiders :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Good luck and a speedy recovery Buddy!

Anything to do with spinal or nerve is always painful but what makes them worse is the pain seems to never leave until fixed. :1badmood:

Make sure you ask them to bandage a finger sticking out so you can still type ;)

Greg

Hi Byron

Gee, you've been keeping the Medicos busy this year! :( Hope all goes well with your hand op & also hope they can relieve that butt pain too!!! Nothing more depressing than having continual pain! Also very debilitating!!

Take care

Roberta

Hi Raiders

I wish to let my Fishraider friends know that I'm going into hospital to have my right hand operated on early tomorrow morning... I had to have my left hand operated on earlier this year and, as a result of being injured in a boating collision in a friend's fishing boat in Ballina, I had a major back operation a few weeks after that..This happened while I was convalescing in Ballina from a previous back operation and also involved spinal nerve decompression... The result was that the previous spinal operation had to be re-done along with a couple of other areas, but that's life I suppose....

Things being as they were, I had to wait until this latest major spinal surgery settled down somewhat before having my right hand operated on.....

I expect to be in hospital for a few days or so as I've developed pinched nerves in my buttock area and there's a possibilty while I'm in there, the trauma team might do some pain relieving procedures on what I could best describe as the sciatic nerve paths coming down from the lower back and going thru the buttocks and the legs causing me fairly severe pains and moreso on movement...

Anyway the bottom line is I don't mind hospital food

See you soon Raiders :thumbup:

Cheers

Best of luck mate...I hope all went well

I often get sciatica too.......not good and just cant sleep. Hope you get everything sorted and are back fishing soon!

Thanks for the kind words Raiders :thumbup: ... Following the operation on my hand, I'm out of hospital and feeling quite ok, apart from my right hand hurting a bit which is to be expected, so I will be taking it easy for a while until the plaster comes off....

As to the inns and the outs of the operation, the only thing worth reporting is the fact that they found a hitchhiker ligament in my hand, a trait common to monkeys I believe...I can't recall the ins but the hitchhiker ligament was the only out and is now out of there :D

Regarding my back, it's now seven months since I had the spinal operation, and more injections will be needed to pin point the source of the buttock and leg pain pain which is causing me to hurt and moreso whilst walking......

As to my fishing which will next on the immediate agenda, my good friend Geoff aka Geoff on Fishraider has almost finished the electrics for the 82lb Motorguide, the charger and the 24volt battery system plus adding a few other nicies to my Savage side console, so we will try and find time over the weekend to try everything out including the new fish mustering waterfall/burley system...

If any member, especially those handy to the Liverpool or the Campbelltown area who would be available to help launch and retrieve the Savage and park the trailer etc, and would like to have a general session with me I.E flathead, jewfish and a bream or two for Shirley and perhaps downrigging for kingfish early, (any kingfish would be donated to them with their share of the catch), please let me know in this post.

Much appreciated Raiders.

Cheers

Just thinking Chris if I could get someone for instance to do the Georges with me first off, there's been heaps of good size prawns around, and the thing is last night the tides were only about 1.7 so they should still be around for a while now.. Thinking of starting off of a very early morning and doing opposite Lambeth park for an hour or so this side of the creek where you were....can't run the net between two boats unfortunately but you and Ralph could man the poles up to the knees in the water for an hour or so perhaps....

Would really prefer help with a dawn till dark session for flathead and jew on the Hawkesbury first off after Geoff and I try the boat out on the weekend at Moorebank, wouldn't be using the electric in the Hawkesbury where I'd be going but could do so in the Georges

Can you and Ralph get a full day in thru the week? Give me a call anyway Chris

Cheers

As to my fishing which will next on the immediate agenda, my good friend Geoff aka Geoff on Fishraider has almost finished the electrics for the 82lb Motorguide, the charger and the 24volt battery system plus adding a few other nicies to my Savage side console, so we will try and find time over the weekend to try everything out including the new fish mustering waterfall/burley system...

Things are moving a bit slower than first thought , mainly due to waiting for the paint to dry on the new components , battery box etc. Should be close to finishing late Friday or early Saturday.

We can then give the boat a run either late Saturday or Sunday

Geoff

Edited by Geoff