Swimming In Middle Harbour

toikle

Looks like a Thresher to me - one was in Wallis Lake the other week, under the bridge, & the cops & MSB folk were getting everyone out of the water!!!

Just be aware that this is the time that sharks come up into the estuaries to breed - some people & numerous pets have been taken in the 'Middle Harbour' area!!

Anyone who wants a list of shark attacks over the years - pm me your email address & you can check out how many have been in Sydney Harbour!! It is current to this week :1yikes:

You may think twice about swimming in some areas! :wacko:

Not that I want to scare anyone, BUT ........ do do, do do, do do

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Doesn't surprise me at all. There's no way you'd ever get me in the water at Clontarf! I might even think twice about Balmoral now too!! When was that taken?

Roberta, LOL! PM on it's way as I'm interested.

Paul

taken on wednesday i believe

damn! thanks for sharing that, my kids and i often swim at clontarf and often people come up to me and warn me of the sharks that lurk the waters there. Ive never seen one myself but I will think twice about swimming there next time. :(

Geez thats a bit unnerving, I swim at clontarf a fair bit :1yikes:

Doesnt look like a thresher, tail isnt long enough and the body doesnt seem round or stubby enough.....hard to pick maybe a large school shark??

Josh

Hi all

Previously, it was 2006 when I downloaded the file, so went hunting for the site I found it in & finally found it last night, so for those who are interested, here it is! (They update it as any shark attack is reported anywhere around the world & is up to date to last week, including the surfboat who's oar was bitten.)

http://www.sharkattackfile.net/incidentlog.htm

then click on:

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE GSAF INCIDENT LOG AS A MICROSOFT EXCEL FILE

It should download a file to your desktop, to open up.

It would pay to make the writing a bit bigger as it is only 8 (Control A & make it 10 or 12) & widen the columns a bit more, too (put the cursor on the r/h edge of the very top line ..... when the cursor changes shape, hold the button down & drag it to the right til it is as wide as you want.)

If you don't have Excel on your computer, email me & I should be able to send it to you as a PDF

Cheerio

Roberta

Book mark the website so you can find it again, when you want it!

scary stuff hey, i saw a black stingray must have been 2 to 3 metres in diameter in just that depth of water at long reef. was up to my ankles checking out the boat ramp with a rock off to my left, looked again and the rock was much closer and had a nice long tail behind it, just about shit myself and got out of the water pretty quick!

There was video of this on channel 7 news last night. According to the reporter it might have been run over by a boat. Even still in the video footage some nutcase swum right up to within a metre of the shark, guy must have a death wish :1yikes:

Dan

If that was the shark that was at balmoral on Sat. My brother was one of the people swimming with it. It had been run over by some yahoos in a tinny. One guy grabbed it by the tail and my brother went face to face with it under the water. He thinks it was a white as it had a very white underside. The Sun Herald called it for a thresher. He was stoked as he has always wanted to swim with a white, crazy sob. He said that the shark was in a bad way.

Here is a video of the whole thing. Notice the white belly of the shark at 1.21 . The guy who grabbed it did have a death wish. My brother is the guy in the white boardies.

http://vimeo.com/8272650

Other than that a neighbour of mine was nudged twice by what we think was a bull shark while yacking just near my mooring. He felt a whack on the bottom of his yak , then a few minutes later he was wacked again and saw a 6 ft shark swimming next to him.

Edited by eagle ray