Ray And Son Jordan At Avoca

Ray R

G'day Raiders, took my younger of 2 sons Jordan for a quick flick around the rocks

before the southerly change. Well he had a ball scoring 10 horsies in quick time, he

loved it as it is heaps of fun and while he was poling bonnies I was flicking a plastic

down a bit deeper and as well as horsies I scored a nice little kingy, he was fun and

a totally different fight to the bonnies, he went down deep looking for a nice piece of

reef to snag me up on but I managed to get the little fella up for a couple of pics and

then back in he went.

So that was it a quick hour of fishing with my son, all fish were sent back and I must

say it was a blast watching Jordan catch these fiesty little fish, he is a real chip of the

old block...

post-3371-1264229340_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1264229275_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1264229370_thumb.jpg

Hey Ray,

Its great to finally see Ray Jr (Jordan) make it into Fish Raider and also seeing that he has the Magic touch like his father... good work Jordan you have a great Teacher there Ive gotta get my father back into fishing its been a long time since we have fished together...

Ray a couple of things to ask.

Are the Bonnies any good on the table?

What sort of gear is required to catch them? never gone after them but keen to have a look as they seem to be plentyful.

Nice outfits by the way you really look like a team.

Keep the reports coming Ray and Jordan keep up the good work....

Regards,

Nathan

Hey Ray,

Its great to finally see Ray Jr (Jordan) make it into Fish Raider and also seeing that he has the Magic touch like his father... good work Jordan you have a great Teacher there Ive gotta get my father back into fishing its been a long time since we have fished together...

Ray a couple of things to ask.

Are the Bonnies any good on the table?

What sort of gear is required to catch them? never gone after them but keen to have a look as they seem to be plentyful.

Nice outfits by the way you really look like a team.

Keep the reports coming Ray and Jordan keep up the good work....

Regards,

Nathan

G'day Nathan, they are great table fish if you keep them off the rocks, bleed straight away and placed in a bucket of icy water from the waters edge, (not rock pool stuff), any spin gear , 4000 size threadline, 12 lb braid , 20 lb trace and a few metal lures or plastics..

How was the crowd?

HUGE ! ! !

Nice catch there

What outfit do you use mainly for your spinning off the rocks?

Harry

Sol 3000, 12lb braid, 20lb sunline rock fluro, 5" plastics, 20 - 40 gram raiders, or x-raps, 3-6 kg pflueger supreme 7' rod.. Heaps of fun..

Onya Ray and Jordan! :thumbup:

Looks like Jordan inherited some fishing skills from his "old man". (... but does he take great photos as well???)

Nice kingy Ray and don't those bonnies give value for their size - they're little pocket rockets!

Top report as usual! :thumbup:

Cheers

Peter

Nice pics as usual Ray. Great fishing with your sons, best time in the world.

By the way, 'scuse my ignorance but what is a horsie, are they the Bonnies or did he also pull in other fish? I would normally call a large yakka or slimey a horse but........?

Edited by Boofhead

Nice pics as usual Ray. Great fishing with your sons, best time in the world.

By the way, 'scuse my ignorance but what is a horsie, are they the Bonnies or did he also pull in other fish? I would normally call a large yakka or slimey a horse but........?

Yeah mate, horsies, bonnies all the same, Bonito...

Hi Ray,

Good to see Jordy gettin into a few, and you as well.

I've been crook as with a virus and with having to work as well I have just been too exhausted to get down for a spin as I've been hearing that the bonnies are there every day with some nice kingies also.

Will give you a buzz soon for a catch up mate.

Cheers,

And hasn't Jordy's rod got a nice bend in it........

G'day Raiders, took my younger of 2 sons Jordan for a quick flick around the rocks

before the southerly change. Well he had a ball scoring 10 horsies in quick time, he

loved it as it is heaps of fun and while he was poling bonnies I was flicking a plastic

down a bit deeper and as well as horsies I scored a nice little kingy, he was fun and

a totally different fight to the bonnies, he went down deep looking for a nice piece of

reef to snag me up on but I managed to get the little fella up for a couple of pics and

then back in he went.

So that was it a quick hour of fishing with my son, all fish were sent back and I must

say it was a blast watching Jordan catch these fiesty little fish, he is a real chip of the

old block...

post-3371-1264229340_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1264229275_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1264229370_thumb.jpg

Nice fish mate well done

is that the saltist Jordan is using ??

that would be a great reel for spinning off the rocks

what size was that king looks almost legal

Yep that is my Saltist, great for the hi speed horsies, and king went about 62cm's..

Good post as usual Ray. By the look on Jordons face he was having a ball. I read that you said that they are all right to eat as long as their bleed & kept properly! I've bled them & put on ice slurry but couldn't get myself to go past a couple of mouthfulls, maybe I'm missing something in the prepartion or cooking? However as a bait I find their one of the best either fresh or sallted down for reef fishing.

Regards Jeff