Narra Lizards

mrmoshe

Went for an arvo session with a good mate of mine to my favourite

flattie spot.

One of us did very well...ahem!

Nice start with four just legal lizards in quick succession for me

and nothing worth writing about for my mate.

The I got on to 2 very nice flatties one after another and they both had

some weight to them.

First one went 55cm and the next was 65cm. Both went very hard on light gear.

All released and all on poddies.

The lake water is still pretty turbid after all the fresh but the lizards are there in numbers.

Cheers,

Pete.

post-1685-126648512139_thumb.jpg

post-1685-126648514373_thumb.jpg

post-1685-12664853547_thumb.jpg

Hi Pete,

Nice size flatties.

In Middle Harbour we havent caught one for awhile. I would expect some big ones to start turning up soon.

Last year caught quite a few big ones that took baits aimed at jews.

What sort of water temp do you get in the lake? My last outing in MH the water was like 29C which is about as warm as i have ever seen it, thought my sounder was wrong.

Cheers

Mike

My mate Stig crashed at my place last night and we decided to hit my flattie spot again this morning...and didn't it produce the goods!! Firstly to another spot for the livies..and off we went.

First drop..double hookups to 2 just legal flatties.Then several more double hookups

for mostly undersize flatties and a few nice bream.

Stig got one very nice bream and a big tailor.

Then I got a stonker flattie which went like the clappers. Finally got her to a net and she's 70cm on the nose. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ran out of livies. Decision was..leave 'em biting?..or restock with livies and hit it again...guess which one we chose??

Got back to our initial spot and it had quietened down in the time it took to gather mullet. :05:

No more after the tide turned, so called it a day..

All fish released to fight another day.

Cheers,

Pete.

post-1685-126654332988_thumb.jpg

post-1685-126654329843_thumb.jpg

pete what rig ya using for the poddys mate? we always chase the lizards on plastics there,matching plastics that look like a mullet. Would like to give the livie a go next time and info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ivz

pete what rig ya using for the poddys mate? we always chase the lizards on plastics there,matching plastics that look like a mullet. Would like to give the livie a go next time and info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ivz

I use a running sinker (smallest ball you have) straight to a wide gape #5 hook

on a 10lb flouro leader with a small swivel to main line.

I hook the poddie just behind the dorsal usually.

Any SP with a mullet profile will work too I'm sure. I've had success using silver fox paddle tails..they love them.

Cheers,

Pete.

Works for me.

Hey pete,

Well done on some nice narra lagoon flatties.

Its been fishing alright down there at he moment. I've started to slowly climb the long ladder of fishing only plastics and have been doing ok out of the lagoon. Pulled out a 65 the other day which went well on my little rod and reel but have since upgraded to a sedona 1000 and it is far nicer, plenty of feel and gives me about 90% less casting loops so hopefull the numbers increase. i often fish oposite the caravan park with an ipod in so if your around come say hi.

Cheers

Fishlexic