Parra River Blue Nose Bream

wannabefisho

I went for a low tide run last night on Parra River in the Gladesville area @ a spot my mates and I call "spot b". I was armed with Mullet, slimeys and chicken breast.

Current was running pretty hard but persisted with a heavy outfit and size 6 snapper lead and another with unweighted chicken in close on bream gear.

Lost a few baits till I came up on tight with a MONSTER 45cm Blue Nose Bream -

Lost a few more baits on the jew gear for no hookups- even had a couple of squealers which I suspect were bigger Bream out wide.

After the turn of the tide (about midnight) it hotted up BIG time.

I nailed a further 2 Bream going 42 and 36cm respectively, and dropped one I suspect was in the 45-50cm range right at my feet, they came in real close I could drop my line about 2 feet from where I was standing on the ledge and get hits immediately.

Unfortunately I ran out of bait, my mate Dave swung by in Ian's tinnie and attempted to throw me some fresh squid caught yesterday but it failed to reach me, so I called it quits and left 2am

Another top night solo at a different location.

I took a few piccies so I'll add them in separate posts.

the bucket is a 35cm extra large bucket so this thing was a cracker!

ENJOY!

Here is another piccie

And the final piccie of the 3 together

post-12300-22767_thumb.jpg

post-12300-274026_thumb.jpg

post-12300-449125_thumb.jpg

Guest rzep

looks like your bream are having a picnic. where are the snags ?

:074:

You got yourself some great bream there.

Perseverance defiantly pays in the end, how cold was it out there?

looks like your bream are having a picnic. where are the snags ?

Definitely NO picnic for them, but I was having a field day :D

Had to work hard for them, a lot of listening and watching the current in anticiation of the "turn" then more waiting in freezing cold... at one point I was too scared to turn my back just to grab a smoko and ber from the ledge in fear I'd miss out on the strike, lol

Patience and having good eyes and ears is key to ambushing big bream- it seriously is an art- one has to try it its a phenominal feeling really stalking the prey, watching for the movement, then going in for the kill... I never thought I'd ever say that but in fishing its just the best fun, even with dirty, smelly bait

:074:

You got yourself some great bream there.

Perseverance defiantly pays in the end, how cold was it out there?

Mate, bloody freezing... I pity my mates ut in their Tinnie last night, they had 'clavas on and all rugged up. Was so still I was watchin the fog come in over the water from over Rhodes way and it was really errie, esp after the turn of the tide when the bream were splashin round right in front of me.

Well done!! Lotsa big blue noses out there just now!! When are Berkley going to bring out the 'chicken breast' gulp?? They should!!

Roberta

Thanks Roberta, I noticed last week they didnt have any size to them... maybe since the rain stopped I dunno, but I am sure as happy as a pig in mud ATM-

Love it when everything comes together- except for the jew not playing- but I suspect that might have been to do with not having squid.

IF Berkley did bring a chicken breast SP- I buy a crate of em-

Rivers + structure + chicken + light line = Lotsa BIG BReam + bonus FUN :P

Thanks for the replies everyone- I am just happy the weather held up and I like going solo... but I like it when my mate Nathan comes with me- he's kinda my "good luck mate"

Tight lines all

Anthony

:)

onya anth,cracking big breambo's mate.i havnt caught a bream in my local since april.looks like i need to come up your way & giv those bream & jewies a go with you mate.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

Yep this weekend is looking pretty good, last night would have been a cracker- no wind and not bad tides (although very late)

I'll give ya a buzz later today or early this evening organise an outing over the weekend.

Anthony

• 5 months later...

I really don't understand why people eat fish from the Parramatta river or any where west of the bridge. Plus eating a fish that size and that old it must be filled with dioxins.

I've been eating fish west of the bridge and have also known people who have eaten it from there for a long time now with no sickness or anything.

but i guess everyone to their own i guess.

PS: i wish i caught a bream that big from Parramatta river,

always end up catching pinky size breams =[

I've been eating fish west of the bridge and have also known people who have eaten it from there for a long time now with no sickness or anything.

but i guess everyone to their own i guess.

PS: i wish i caught a bream that big from Parramatta river,

always end up catching pinky size breams =[

i always laugh when people say they never been sick or anything dioxins affect in over long term eg cancer birth deform's ect google it u will be suprised. they stoped pro's from harvesting fish from the harbour for this reason. but as most say each to there own.

The Dioxin problem in the harbour has been around for at least 40 years and everyone was eating fish back then and without ill effect.All that has changed is the World Health Organisation has lowered the limits and all of a sudden the fish are not safe to eat.I think it is a fuss over nothing.What about all the drinking and smoking going on that will kill you quicker.

Cheers Steve