Cracker Jewfish Session

wacko

Hi everyone,

Managed to sneak out again on Friday.....plan was to chase some Jewies around the Hawkesbury.

What a cracker of a session this turned out to be!!! :thumbup:

We started in the dark just before dawn fishing a couple of deepwater spots that fire on the last of the run-out tide.....we were'nt dissaponted.....right on cue, I hooked up to a nice little Jew of around 60cm, then Gina did the same around 10mins later with a fiesty little fish....both fish were gently released to grow to mammoth proportions. :biggrin2:

With the tide slowly starting to turn, I put out a cast and felt the craggy rocky bottom hitting my jighead...... a short lift and the rod bent over with a heavy fish now starting to blitz in the other direction!! It made some attempts to bury me into the reefy area but in the end I came up trumps with a very respectable Jewy of around the 7-8kg mark. This guy was coming home for dinner!!

I got him on 10lb leader, 1/2 ounce 3/0 jighead and Berkley's newish 4inch Chartreuse Jigging grub.....these things are so bright I reckon the Jewie just ate it out of interest!!

It was now daylight and we made a location change to find some more fun.:)

Gina hooked a nice one of around 4kgs.....really well conditioned fish...great colours!!

The end tally for our Jew session finished at 8 jews! We got some more in different locations and the sizes ranged from small 50cm-60cm fish and a couple of really nice ones.

The daytime Jew were all caught on much lighter rigs.....1/4ounce heads and 6lb leader to get the bites.

The by-catch for the day was exceptional as well! We got 7 flatties, smallest being around 55cm, 5 big bream, a decent snapper and silver Trevally! Just goes to show what can turn up when you are deepwater plugging with light gear!

What an awesome session! Great company, good weather and the red hot fishing was a nice bonus!

Cheers,

Wacko

post-13416-007584500 1286692535_thumb.jpg

post-13416-026591700 1286692554_thumb.jpg

post-13416-091598300 1286692568_thumb.jpg

post-13416-058523300 1286692594_thumb.jpg

I have a question.

Its not... where is your spot? or what baits you use or tactics or tackle.

My question is... do you EVER have a bad session? :074::074:

Great fish and great report as ever. I'm very jelous of your skills

Dave

Edited by Welsh Dave

Hi everyone,

Managed to sneak out again on Friday.....plan was to chase some Jewies around the Hawkesbury.

What a cracker of a session this turned out to be!!! :thumbup:

We started in the dark just before dawn fishing a couple of deepwater spots that fire on the last of the run-out tide.....we were'nt dissaponted.....right on cue, I hooked up to a nice little Jew of around 60cm, then Gina did the same around 10mins later with a fiesty little fish....both fish were gently released to grow to mammoth proportions. :biggrin2:

With the tide slowly starting to turn, I put out a cast and felt the craggy rocky bottom hitting my jighead...... a short lift and the rod bent over with a heavy fish now starting to blitz in the other direction!! It made some attempts to bury me into the reefy area but in the end I came up trumps with a very respectable Jewy of around the 7-8kg mark. This guy was coming home for dinner!!

I got him on 10lb leader, 1/2 ounce 3/0 jighead and Berkley's newish 4inch Chartreuse Jigging grub.....these things are so bright I reckon the Jewie just ate it out of interest!!

It was now daylight and we made a location change to find some more fun.:)

Gina hooked a nice one of around 4kgs.....really well conditioned fish...great colours!!

The end tally for our Jew session finished at 8 jews! We got some more in different locations and the sizes ranged from small 50cm-60cm fish and a couple of really nice ones.

The daytime Jew were all caught on much lighter rigs.....1/4ounce heads and 6lb leader to get the bites.

The by-catch for the day was exceptional as well! We got 7 flatties, smallest being around 55cm, 5 big bream, a decent snapper and silver Trevally! Just goes to show what can turn up when you are deepwater plugging with light gear!

What an awesome session! Great company, good weather and the red hot fishing was a nice bonus!

Cheers,

Wacko

post-13416-007584500 1286692535_thumb.jpg

post-13416-026591700 1286692554_thumb.jpg

post-13416-091598300 1286692568_thumb.jpg

post-13416-058523300 1286692594_thumb.jpg

well done wacko your the master of the jewfishing

Wacko you're a freak (meant in the nicest possible way).

You seem to have the midas touch on lures.

Sonme people just have that edge, that sixth sense when it comes to lures and where/how to fish them.

Last weekend I had the trevally in the burley trail.

Catching them on bait was a fait accompli.

I ties on a little SP on a long 6lb fluoro trace AND COULD NOT GET A BITE !

I went back to bait to resume catching them....

Well done on all the fish you got.

It will be a day to remember until you do it all again next week and suddenly this week would have been a distant memory !

Tony