Yak caught Jew and flatties

jenno64

Had a small window of opportunity yesterday arvo and bolted down to catch some poddies. Armed with a dozen, I launched at 4:30pm and pedalled up to deeper water to begin a drift with what was a pretty slow run out tide. Covered a couple of km with no joy except for pesky tailor amputating my livies. Picked up a flatty around 50cm and headed back upstream for a final drift, marvelling at the sunset and the perfect conditions.post-4017-053156200 1335659338_thumb.jpg Grabbed another flatty in the low 40s and arrived in 10m of water to throw out the final two baits of the arvo. There were heaps of boats out around the bridge pylons enjoying the top arvo and waiting for the dead low. I began a leisurely drift back to the launch spot and just as I hit a rise up to 20ft, my bigger rod goes ballistic with a screaming run and violent bends. I pulled the rod out of the holder and set the hooks, immediately feeling head shakes and another short screaming run. Thought jew or maybe BIG flatty. AS it was dark and I had no lights to speak of, barring the glow of the colour sounder, I pedalled into shallower water and gave my self a wide berth around a couple of moored boats, just in case the fish decided on a mooring wrap. Headed into the launch spot at speed and a jewy pops up next to the yak, exhausted.post-4017-021284000 1335659390_thumb.jpgpost-13-1091563690_thumb.jpg Pretty pleased with a 90 minute outing!post-4017-016132300 1335659412_thumb.jpg

post-4017-065422300 1335659401_thumb.jpg

Hi Rob,

We meet several months ago as I was launching my yak at the sailing club,congrats on the Jew and he flatties.. There has been quite a few Jew around the bridge of late. Have been out several times within the last week and picked up 4 one on platic and three on a vibe which was good as this was the first time i have used vibes. Hope to catch up again soon.

Stewart

Nice work did u catch the mullet by trap or line

Regards

Ritchie

Ritchie,

home made trap

Squidward, I use wide gap hooks on a 80cm 14lb trace and a running dropper sinker above the swivel

James, It's good to get out as soon the yak might have to give way to some rockfishing! See you soon!

Thanks for the comments people!

Edited by jenno64