120 kg striped marlin

Shanemills

Went out today off Sydney and caught a 120kg striped marlin.

Was also my first marlin.

Also went to browns for a few blue eye.

What a day looks like its a seafood Christmas.

The water was beautiful this morning Saw 2 sunfish and only 1 other boat at browns. 8u8a6epa.jpgga9avuge.jpg

Edited by Shanemills

Great work mate... That's a great first striped. What did you get it on? Was it a scent blazer ?

Unfortunately it wasn't a scent blazer would have liked to put up a good report about them, I did have a couple out but my mate said he's lures are hard to beat. The scent blazer lures have a great action in the water you can really see them working.

I would probably say it was all about the colour lure. Scent blazer was dolfin fish and it was a purple coloured lure that went off. As they say its all about what there feeding on at the time.

Great effort mate ... A good sign for Sydney and once u catch one they can become addictive!!!

Already looking forward to the next time. I think of everyone could hook up on one we wouldn't have any need for people to be addicted to drugs.

Everyone would be addicted to catching marlin.

What a rush especially when there jumping all over the place.

My arms are sore today.

Edited by Shanemills

Already looking forward to the next time. I think of everyone could hook up on one we wouldn't have any need for people to be addicted to drugs.

Everyone would be addicted to catching marlin.

What a rush especially when there jumping all over the place.

My arms are sore today.

haha your tummy will be sore tomorrow from all the fish have a great xmas :thumbup:

Well done Shane on your first capture! It's always a great site to see someone catch their first marlin. You will now look forward to each day with more anticipation & will be keeping an extra eye on your lures & sounder. If you get a chance see if you can get some of the marlin smoked.

Good luck next time out

Cheers

Damo

• 2 weeks later...