Port stephens jewy

Scratchie

post-24974-087879200 1357722988_thumb.jpgpost-24974-090221700 1357722900_thumb.jpg

Hi raiders,

After a trip to Coffs Harbour that provided donuts, I was keen to get home and get amongst the fish. So last last I headed out with my two eldest boys and thought we'd drop some crap pots and spend a bit of time fishing for jewy in between. Trouble was the wind didn't play ball and was blowing gusts upto 50km an hour. So we decided to drop the pots, head home and return in the morning. Knowing the tide was pretty good in the morning, we headed out, checked our pots for 1 nice blue swimmer, rebaited and went to my favourite jewy spot and play the tide. What a good decision that was. Within 10mins zzzzzzz the line peeling off. After a 15min fight, up comes a 1.5m school shark, damn it! In the next 20mins my wife and two boys also sharked. Then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz probably a run of 150m, wow, now this was a big shark. The fight goes on for another 25mins every now and then a 50m run or so. Then we see it, OMG! It's not a shark but the biggest jewy we have ever seen. Not wanting to lose it, out came the gaff and with adrenalin pumping, the gaff did its job and I did mine on to the deck!!

The feeling was overwhelming for us all and a big family hug was in order!!

What an awesome way to spend a Sunday morning!!!

Jewy: 142cm and 26kg

Rod: 24kg penn

Line: 50lb braid 80lb leader single 4/0

Bait: sorry but servo squid very small

Tide: 2hrs before low

Time: 9:15am

Cheers scratchie!!!!

Hi Scratchie,

Congrats on a solid fish mate, well done. Any other pics, i love seeing pics of jews that have heads as big as human heads.

Again congrats

Mick

Yeah mate I do. One of my eldest son laying beside it and its bigger than him and another with my hand in its mouth up to my elbow. However I am having trouble uploading them from my ipad. Any ideas?

Yeah mate I do. One of my eldest son laying beside it and its bigger than him and another with my hand in its mouth up to my elbow. However I am having trouble uploading them from my ipad. Any ideas?

Hey!!! I've added some new photos I think you might like!