Last night on the bay, Botany Bay,

Dazzaraptor

Fished the bay last night from about 8pm.

As soon as we launched the boat, it started to rain so we hid under captn cook to stay dry, with not a bight for an hour and it starting to clear we headed out for a drift. Got an occy while chasin squid and that was about it. The conditions on the bay were perfect it was like glass the whole way across. With everything calm I put down a whole unweighted pilly and was very surprised to get my pb lizard, with spirits high I threw out a slimy to see who was hungry. After an hour soak I wanted to check his condition and he had been cleanly bitten in half. It was on a bait runner that didn't drag any line and you could get as good a cut from a meat cleaver . I think with teeth that sharp it could only have been a big shark.

All up it was a great night on the bay and I can't wait to do a bit more night fishing.

post-23721-0-58552900-1358761952_thumb.jpg

Guest Aussie007

top flattie was it turn of the high tide? looks like that flattie may have been on the cornor of mol point on a run out to ambush anything in the slower moving water im actually surprised your unweighted pilly made it to the bottom

the bay 90% of the time is great fishing at night as thats when the wind dies down

That is molli in the background, that's where the livey was chomped. The flatty was caught (elsewhere), in about 15-20 feet of water, about an hour after low tide.

It was definitely the calmest I have ever seen the bay. You couldn't get a smoother boat ride even in the nepean river!