Some kings a bonny and large squids Sunday 24th

Formosan

After 1 week off , we are back fishing sunday 24th.

Trying to get my 2 deckies onto some kings.

Squid wasn't as straight forward as previous weeks but we got 7 .

The fish came on at spot A and a few other boats were also into the action,ie. Quintrex480 was onto a decent king and was driving towards NZ to tire it out. After We landed a keeper, all of sudden those pesky spear fishos turn up and swam around the spot we hooked up. They scared away all the fish. :(

Anyways we moved onto spot B and got another keeper ,a handful of rats and a bonny jumped onto my Xrap. Guess who showed up? another spear fisho. :/

whats the difference between a leather jacket and a spear fisho?

post-7044-0-02589700-1364302289_thumb.jpg

Edited by Formosan

Seen you guys out today lost a decent fish around spot b pulled hook! lol always my luck.. Was in the 26 ft seaswirl waving hello at you both. Well done on the kings, we too decided to make a move but ended up with zero kings.

Cracking squid there and nice kings too!

Thanks mate.

Seen you guys out today lost a decent fish around spot b pulled hook! lol always my luck.. Was in the 26 ft seaswirl waving hello at you both. Well done on the kings, we too decided to make a move but ended up with zero kings.

Seaswirl..nice..Upgraded? Bad luck on the fish at spot B. Where time did you see us? Was it at Spot A or spot B? :)

That is some scary looking squid, absolute monsters.

Great work on the kings and bonnie, im sure you would have picked up a few more if it were for the spear fishers.

I envy your consistency when it comes to Kings.

Cheers,

Baz.

Thanks Baz, Less scary when they become calamari rings. KIngs are our target species most of the time.

Nice work again tony.

I had a malfunction on the DR looks like the kids found it in the garage and played "diago rescue" that's Dora the explores cousin for you people without kids. Not sure how you get a knots out of SMS wire but its not something that can be done on the boat...

The kings still aware me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After 1 week off , we are back fishing sunday 24th.

Trying to get my 2 deckies onto some kings.

Squid wasn't as straight forward as previous weeks but we got 7 .

The fish came on at spot A and a few other boats were also into the action,ie. Quintrex480 was onto a decent king and was driving towards NZ to tire it out. After We landed a keeper, all of sudden those pesky spear fishos turn up and swam around the spot we hooked up. They scared away all the fish. :(

Anyways we moved onto spot B and got another keeper ,a handful of rats and a bonny jumped onto my Xrap. Guess who showed up? another spear fisho. :/

whats the difference between a leather jacket and a spear fisho?

Am the spear fishos skin is thicker :bleh:

Well done considering the fish were spooked of, the spear fishos were all along the east coast from Botany all the way down south must have been a tournament

Hi,

Im curious. You say the spearfishers scare away all the fish.

If this is the case how do they get any?

surely a boat and outboard would scare fish more than someone floating around??

kings are inquisitive the noises from cleantech engines will attract them and towing a juicy squid 15m behind across their noses will make them follow the bait. you tend to pull the bait through them not hogging the spot.

Having a spear diver swimming and spearing at the school is a different story and they moved into the spot where you hook up. u cant drive on top of them can you.

kings are inquisitive the noises from cleantech engines will attract them and towing a juicy squid 15m behind across their noses will make them follow the bait. you tend to pull the bait through them not hogging the spot.

Having a spear diver swimming and spearing at the school is a different story and they moved into the spot where you hook up. u cant drive on top of them can you.

I had a similar issue with divers a while ago. I was fishing a reef and then a dive boat decides to anchor right next to me. The rules state you must steer clear of all divers when the blue and white dive flag is displayed. I was there first and so I didnt move. The divers got annoyed but really couldnt force me to go.

A few days later, I wanted to get the opinion from Maritime. They confirmed that I did not have to move as I was there first, but you should try and respect the dive flag where ever possible.

is there such a thing as spear fishing tournament?

I had a similar issue with diveago. I was fishing a reef and then a dive boat decides to anchor right next to me. The rules state you must steer clear of all divers when the blue and white dive flag is displayed. I was there first and so I didnt move. The divers got annoyed but really couldnt force me to go.

A few days later, I wanted to get the opinion from Maritime. They confirmed that I did not have to move as I was there first, but you should try and respect the dive flag where ever possible.

hey Spongy

harbour producing?

thanks for the info , it is hard to claim an area when your DR .

I never anchor for kings. I guess we just need to share and not run them over.