SYDNEY KINGS, JEWS & GROPER.

craigbutcher

HI Raiders,

I had the opportunity to fish the whole weekend (no work, UNI or kids), so I decided to fish early Saturday morning, Saturday arvo and Sunday morning all offshore with the great weather!

One issue, water was down from 24degrees the prior week, to 20.5 - 21! Bad sign!

Spent a lot of time getting primo squid baits, up to 2 hours each session just chasing bait before fishing.

After the live squid were in the bait tank, we shot out around the heads into some of the local KING HAUNTS.

Ended up cracking a 12kg king, a heap around 10kg, some big Jews and a lone GROPER which slammed a squid bait in 30m of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good times!

Butch

post-11981-0-80876600-1364171274_thumb.jpg

post-11981-0-53449400-1364171277_thumb.jpg

post-11981-0-76904700-1364171279_thumb.jpg

post-11981-0-31149300-1364171282_thumb.jpg

post-11981-0-58066800-1364171286_thumb.jpgHI Raiders,

post-11981-0-00760900-1364171683_thumb.jpg

Edited by THE BUTCH

Mate your a gun!

Wont ask where you were, but what method and depth did you get the kings?

Few around lately but im only getting rats, lots and lots of rats.

Cheers

HI Mate,

Not very deep bud, around the 30m to 40m mark, hard reef.

Yeh I feel your pain, we have plenty of those RAT session and they can be painful!

Got no advice for your mate but to just stick at it till that RED LETTER DAY shows up!

Butch

What an amazing weekend! We're you fishing the same honey hole wash sesh? They are some cracking fish!!

G'day Rob,

This was another spot mate. As the current was a south current Saturday we fished the south reefs which fire better on a south current. On sunday the current was trickling north, so we fished a spot in close which like the north current.

It's all about the current for us as where we fish. Lots of spot fish really well on the south current but are dead on the north and vice versus!

How's fishing mate?

Butch

G'day Rob,

This was another spot mate. As the current was a south current Saturday we fished the south reefs which fire better on a south current. On sunday the current was trickling north, so we fished a spot in close which like the north current.

It's all about the current for us as where we fish. Lots of spot fish really well on the south current but are dead on the north and vice versus!

How's fishing mate?

Butch

Very interesting theory Butch! I've got a mate that says the same thing. I put it down to how much nutrients and food flows up or down depending on the location. Make sense as bait schools would follow, and so will the big boys.

And an awesome haul of fish there!!! assume you got the kings on the down rigger?

HI Mate,

Not very deep bud, around the 30m to 40m mark, hard reef.

Yeh I feel your pain, we have plenty of those RAT session and they can be painful!

Got no advice for your mate but to just stick at it till that RED LETTER DAY shows up!

Butch

Cheers Butch.

I will never complian catching rats but sure is nice to actually take some home.

You want to see the look on my old mans face when i told him we had to keep throwing them back!

Very very nice hoodies mate, keep it up.

Very interesting theory Butch! I've got a mate that says the same thing. I put it down to how much nutrients and food flows up or down depending on the location. Make sense as bait schools would follow, and so will the big boys.

And an awesome haul of fish there!!! assume you got the kings on the down rigger?

Yeh it's very interesting bud, I never considered the effect of offshore current on fishing spots, but it does seem to have a profound effect! See you out there bra! Butch