1.98 Hoodies - Botany Bay 31/03

quintrex480

Hi Raiders, well it's been a long summer of hunting kings without a hoodie to show for it. Rats that I have lost count of, with several mixed in the 80cm.

Headed out today with a mate to the bay to see if we can correct that tally. First stop was to load up on yakkas, and did we ever, got about 20 in 30 minutes and some of these would pass as baby kingfish themselves, they actually took some drag :biggrin2: . Next stop was squid, took a little while but we ended up with a few.

Then it was the usual DR'ing for kings, several passes went by with nothing but squid coming back headless, decided to whack on a yakka and that did the trick. 'Gunning' it out to deeper waters, and by the bend in the rod, surely looked like a hoodie and by the fight it felt like one as well, but settled for 98cm.

So whacked on another yakka, but all goes quiet after a few passes, decided to change back to kingy candy, and now that did the trick. My mates turn to get on the rod, and the king takes 4 runs, with the drag set at about 10kg, boated it to 102cm. Mates first hoodie and he is stoked. The big kings have been late this season, let's hope they stay around for a little longer.

post-16665-0-94031800-1364725359_thumb.png

post-16665-0-93652200-1364725389_thumb.jpg

Top work mate.

You guys put the hrs in and get the rewards. Would the livies generally be the 2nd option. I've found squid hard in the bay my last few trips, i reckon my next trip i might save the time spent chasing squid for chasing kings with livies.

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would if I wasn't at lake macqarie camping.

Congrats to the boys here , they sent me a picture via the mobile as I was catching undersize bream :(. .

hahahahahah that would cut you up, Im sure you will be out amongst the king as soon as you get back.

Friggin Geat!

Terrific work guys, finally nice to see some bigguns.

Only thing is I am cying cause I have some free time finally and our boat has spat its donk!

Hope to get it fixed and get out again soon.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris and sorry to hear about the boat, hopefully it can be fixed up soon, then get out there and get em.

Nice work there quitrex480, like they say better late than never hey :banana:

yeah just glad we finally got onto some big ones.

Top work mate.

You guys put the hrs in and get the rewards. Would the livies generally be the 2nd option. I've found squid hard in the bay my last few trips, i reckon my next trip i might save the time spent chasing squid for chasing kings with livies.

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Luke, lately I have been scoring kings on yakkas as well as squid so I always get some yakkas on the way out, and it seems like the bay is teeming with them so it's a quick 30 mins session.

What I have been noticing is that when there are a lot of pickers around, they tend to always smash your squid and leave nothing left. That's when I pop the yakka down and pickers seem to leave them alone leaving them alone for the kings.

nice work Zarn

from Formosan's post the other days sounds like you're headed to NZ once you hook these fish

Sure they're not from NZ? lol

Hey Tan, yes I head towards NZ when there is hook up hehe

How's the dang been treating you guys?

Great catch boys. Atleast someone is finding the hoodies. Looks like there staying up around your way as ive been putting in the hours around here (wollongong) without any success. Keep up the good work. Cheers Dazza

Thanks Dazza, I've been hearing on and off reports of kings showing up at Kiama, have you tried there?

Good work bro!!! Very nice hoodies ya got there!!!

thanks Gav

Good work Zarn.

Hopefully we pick up a few tomorrow. Current pb standing at 74 so anything over 80 I'd be stoked.

Alan

thanks Al, sorry I couldn't join the boys on the yak today, hopefully you guys got onto some.

Nice work there buddy. Great work as usual. Have not been out for a while so will also try and make amends. Cheers

Thanks buddy, I am sure you'll be out there soon terrorising those kings soon.

bloody awsome result !! on yakkas too well done . Any spear fishos about? pity the video wasn't rolling.

hey buddy! yeah never diss those yakkas, I got a funny feeling all those times we went out and only ended up with pickers smashing our squid, if we had yakkas, who knows, could have been a different story.

awesome catch, I can Just see Formosan heading out today.

Thanks Groper, as he has mentioned, he's up north catching undersize bream ehhehe

Great job boys! Another successful kingy trip, like clockwork! Cheers, Baz.

Thanks Baz, hopefully that clock keeps on going for a little while longer.

Well done 480,ur spot just firing up lets hope they come in.got an 85 at the wharf two weeks ago on a nice slab of slimmey but think new was a lona.keep up the good work

congrats on the 85, I've never caught a kingy LB before, I am sure it's a lot harder than on the boat so awesome job in landing it!

I would if I wasn't at lake macqarie camping.

Congrats to the boys here , they sent me a picture via the mobile as I was catching undersize bream :(.

Don't worry buddy, forecast this weekend looks awesome right now. 2 boat convoy to get onto them again.

Edited by quintrex480

Hey Tan, yes I head towards NZ when there is hook up hehe

How's the dang been treating you guys?

bit slow for me

dropped a few flatties friday and only managed one fish while my mate landed 6 legals

did a quick session before bass pt around 5am and managed 2 legal and let a 34cm one go and my mate landed 3 fish

bass pt was disappointing

seems the bonnies have moved on

Zarn

Might take you up on that boat ride one day :P

Nice Kingies mate!

PS - You didn't miss out on much with us yesterday.. kingies didnt come to play. Livewell full of yakkas and squid :(

PPS - What a friggen small world, we work in the same building! Good to meet you.

Edited by Paul