Kings - Botany Bay 10-04-13

quintrex480

Hi Raiders,

The last batch of kings has been finished so needed to stock up, so a solo mission today to see if I can fix that problem. :D

On the water mid-morning and got a bunch of these guys

post-16665-0-47402400-1365595416_thumb.jpg

Then headed to get a couple of these guys.

post-16665-0-97876100-1365595427_thumb.jpg

Water isn't the cleanest right now from all the rain, so was a little hard work.

Then it was off to downrig

post-16665-0-98260200-1365595406_thumb.png

Landed rat after rat after rat after rat after rat after bonnie after rat (that's 6 rats and a bonnie) :D

post-16665-0-47397900-1365595485_thumb.png

After a couple of hours, called the last pass on a yakka and then head back in, and wouldn't you know it, a good size king jumps on the end, went 94cm.

post-16665-0-38352400-1365595440_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality photos, really tough to take photos by yourself.

Wouldn't be long now until the kings move on, so hopefully there are still a few more sessions with some good kings still to come.

Edited by quintrex480

Hey buddy, awesome king. Looks like the yakkas done the damage again. Water looks great outside. I bet you were thinking what I think when I've had an average day and I'm on my way back in, PLEASE just one, be careful what you wish for lol. Great work once again..

Cheers Daniel

Oh, what a shame!!! A 94cm king on the last cast!!!! Would be happy with that on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or any cast/downrig for that matter' Cheers scratchie!!!

:D

As they say, good things come to those who wait. Fantastic solo effort.

Thanks Gav, man it was a lot of waiting, but the rats kept me busy.

nice job as always :biggrinthumb:

thanks

Nice work buddy. Some people have all the luck =)

hopefully the luck continues :D

great work looks calm outside :)

oh man, think I would have gone insane if I was in the office knowing the conditions yesterday, it hasn't been that flat in a while, and there was hardly any white stuff coming back from the rocks at all.

Hey buddy, awesome king. Looks like the yakkas done the damage again. Water looks great outside. I bet you were thinking what I think when I've had an average day and I'm on my way back in, PLEASE just one, be careful what you wish for lol. Great work once again..

Cheers Daniel

Yeah everything loves squid, especially one that is fresh, so it justs get's picked on until there is nothing left. Stick a yakka down, and it's usually something big that will take it. Edited by quintrex480

Oh, what a shame!!! A 94cm king on the last cast!!!! Would be happy with that on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or any cast/downrig for that matter' Cheers scratchie!!!

Hi Raiders,

The last batch of kings has been finished so needed to stock up, so a solo mission today to see if I can fix that problem. :D

attachicon.gifIMG_0106.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0107.JPG

Water isn't the cleanest right now from all the rain, so was a little hard work.

attachicon.gifdownrigging.png

Landed rat after rat after rat after rat after rat after bonnie after rat (that's 6 rats and a bonnie) :D

attachicon.gifrat.png

After a couple of hours, called the last pass on a yakka and then head back in, and wouldn't you know it, a good size king jumps on the end, went 94cm.

attachicon.gifIMG_0115.JPG

Wouldn't be long now until the kings move on, so hopefully there are still a few more sessions with some good kings still to come.

Hi Raiders,

attachicon.gifIMG_0106.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0107.JPG

attachicon.gifdownrigging.png

attachicon.gifrat.png

attachicon.gifIMG_0115.JPG

Great stuff mate, give me a call i'll put the "flickinlures" touch to one of your kingie trips with the new Go Pro .Sessions like that need video , plus i could do with some coaching on the bigger stuff as iv'e only got a rat while chasing the Trevally inside the Bay

cheers Mark

I appreciate your good effort mate :banana: ( see pic) :) and sticking to it until your the tide turn around so this dish can be made.

not a problem buddy, I expect the favour to be returned when you bring back a few this weekend :biggrin2: and I'll try to make that salad with them.

Awesome day out!

man that sashimi salad look soo yummy!

Looks like vietnamese goi

Formosan? is it Goi?

Man its tough reading these reports in the office...

Well done!

Cheers, Baz.

I know the feeling Baz, being back in the office really sux, especially when I can look out the window and see the bay! :biggrin2:

Awesome mate, what depth of water do you troll in?

Pretty much between 10-15 metres of water.

Nothing beats a mid week fish, especially kingies with no boats around.

I don't know how you do it! :074:

hahahaha it's our little secret Paul ;)

Great stuff mate, give me a call i'll put the "flickinlures" touch to one of your kingie trips with the new Go Pro .Sessions like that need video , plus i could do with some coaching on the bigger stuff as iv'e only got a rat while chasing the Trevally inside the Bay

cheers Mark

Hey Mark, yes I have seen some of your videos, awesome editing!! what software are you using?. I am starting to learn how to use the Adobe suite of video editing products to see if I can make some of my previous videos look a little more professional. I have the Hero 2, most of the pictures above are screen grabs from it.

Edited by quintrex480

Ha 480 well done u sure know how to get them.fished ur magic spot yesterday for a few rats myself,plenty fish on the sounder then the wind made it a bit hard in the tinny.yaks all over the surface and fish smashing them I think it will fire for a few weeks more.well I hope so.anyway well done

not a problem buddy, I expect the favour to be returned when you bring back a few this weekend :biggrin2: and I'll try to make that salad with them.

Formosan? is it Goi?

I know the feeling Baz, being back in the office really sux, especially when I can look out the window and see the bay! :biggrin2:

Pretty much between 10-15 metres of water.

hahahaha it's our little secret Paul ;)

Hey Mark, yes I have seen some of your videos, awesome editing!! what software are you using?. I am starting to learn how to use the Adobe suite of video editing products to see if I can make some of my previous videos look a little more professional. I have the Hero 2, most of the pictures above are screen grabs from it.

I use the imovie program on my 15" imac pro laptop , it's pretty easy to use .It comes with all the movie trailer stuff you see in my clips so you can have some real fun with it

cheers Mark