PB estuary perch

Went fishing during arvos along the Georges at several spots for the past two days. The weather was great - nice and sunny, just the way I like it. I tried to get some fellow raiders to come along but for one reason or another ended up doing the mission solo.

On the first day, as the light was beginning to fade along a runout tide, the bream decided to play! Hit 3 decent models (all approaching/on 30 cm) in the space of ten minutes as the mozzies began to swarm around me!

post-25384-0-26242400-1368608182_thumb.jpgpost-25384-0-91559800-1368608235_thumb.jpgpost-25384-0-55409900-1368608514_thumb.jpg

Got a few other takes but couldn't connect. Finally things settled down and I was able to land a flathead before calling it a day.

post-25384-0-27152900-1368608653_thumb.jpg

Day two, tried going for my first EP. It was generally slow, I didn't get any bites except for the hookups I managed to land. First was a 45 cm flathead.

post-25384-0-41661300-1368609306_thumb.jpg

Then about an hour later, the EP hit. Was just hopping my lure along the bottom when I felt a massive lunge and sudden heavy weight on the line. I knew it definitely wasn't a bream, thinking it was a flathead but really hoping for my first EP. When it broke the surface of the water, lo and behold, it was a decent EP coming in at nearly 38 cm. I was stoked! Considering the fish I usually catch, It was a pretty tough fight - heavy weight combined with strong tail kicks in and amongst snags. Thanks goes to Kingfisher84 for tips and mentoring! Now I can rest easy knowing that I got the first one out of the way.

post-25384-0-76419200-1368609410_thumb.jpg

For gear, I used 6lb braid and 6lb fluorocarbon throughout. The z-man plastics did all the damage.

Edited by nbdshroom

Solid stuff mate!

Your doing better than me on the EP's... Had a few sessions on them getting good numbers but nothing over 34.5 so far. Your 38 is a solid perch.

They often hit on the drop so watch your line like a hawk.

Cheers, Tom

Good work pete told you will get one at that spot forsure grate p.b to have

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Ben!

Solid stuff mate!

Your doing better than me on the EP's... Had a few sessions on them getting good numbers but nothing over 34.5 so far. Your 38 is a solid perch.

They often hit on the drop so watch your line like a hawk.

Cheers, Tom

Cheers, I would have been happy with any size, I call it beginners luck!

Very good results on the SP mate! All gd fish, esp the PB EP :thumbup:

Cheers, I'm satisfied with those fish esp the EP!

Tremendous effort mate and congratulations on a ripping fish :thumbup:

Nice work also on the bream and flathead and great report too.

Those Z mans are great aren't they. I remember reading some of Tom's reports which inspired me to get a few packets.

Excellent stuff, well done and keep it up.

Ian

awesome work mate! great fish!

Thanks Stan!

Excellent stuff and congrats on the new PB ep.

Cheers!

Tremendous effort mate and congratulations on a ripping fish :thumbup:

Nice work also on the bream and flathead and great report too.

Those Z mans are great aren't they. I remember reading some of Tom's reports which inspired me to get a few packets.

Excellent stuff, well done and keep it up.

Ian

Thanks! Yep, I agree. They are the most economical choice and they do catch fish. I've only had a few tails chewed off since I've used them. You'll love em!

Solid EP mate, she would have put up a good battle i can imagine! hopefully thats one of many more to come!

Cheers, it wasn't straightforward but she came around in the end!

Thats the stuff man awesome work. Ive tried a few times down at chipping Norton for those eps never got lucky. Good to see you're finally into the braid and leader lol. Nice and light too.

Thanks man! With all these gear changes piece by piece from a 9 dollar outfit it's just really opened my eyes and helped me understand the effect that each new piece brings.

That's a great EP man. Can see you've improved your skill in leaps and bounds and you're putting in the time. You'll be pro in no time and sharing your skills with everyone else on this great forum ...

that's a fat EP

Nice work

Landed my first one a few months back on a live prawn

Thanks!

That's a great EP man. Can see you've improved your skill in leaps and bounds and you're putting in the time. You'll be pro in no time and sharing your skills with everyone else on this great forum ...

Thanks for the compliments! Not a great SP fisherman by any stretch of the imagination but it's definitely enjoyable and hope to have some good ones (including with new SP users, one day) in the foreseeable future.

Awesome EP Pete
Ep's can be really hard to come by on SP's so that's a solid effort.

Good onya Ben for putting him onto a nice fatty!

Have hit that spot numerous times now with Ben, should be able to hopefully pull one out soo hey :)

cheers,

Matt

Awesome EP Pete

Ep's can be really hard to come by on SP's so that's a solid effort.

Good onya Ben for putting him onto a nice fatty!

Have hit that spot numerous times now with Ben, should be able to hopefully pull one out soo hey :)

cheers,

Matt

Thanks Matt! Good luck in your bid to get a nice EP.