Nepean Trout Reports?

PJ Garn

Hi Raiders

Just wondering if there have been any catches of trout since the latest let out of water from Warragamba?

Ive been down the weir a couple of times with a week in between but haven't seen a fish!!! I did hear one report that some had been landed (Unconfirmed) but I won't believe it till I see it personally. :secret:

Cheers

PJ

Big browns are smashing tazzie devil lures in the Nepean at the moment red seems to be the preferred colour. haven't personally got down there yet due to work but a number of mates have had great success in the last week.

Daniel

hi sarge you can get a boat in and get a fairway up the river its slow going because there are a lot of shallow rocks. I normally fish land based from Norton's or bents basin with success using a variety of hard bodies. kayaks are a good option also.

• 1 year later...

The trout would have probably died off by now because of the summer water, and it's closed bass season aswell so they don't want anyone targeting them because of spawning and any caught have to be released unharmed . Pretty much useless trying the nepean this time of year.

Cheers Ethan

Definately not useless fishing the nepean at this time of year, The trout would be there still. Be a few bass too, bit on the slow side because of the water temp and most of the fish are well downstream in the salt breeding, but there's still a few that'll be up there. And it's not a closed season in the fresh, or anywhere for that matter, it's just a no take period, which most people fishing for bass practice year round anyway.

I normally fish land based from Norton's or bents basin with success using a variety of hard bodies.

My one venture to Norton's Basin to have a crack at rumoured trout resulted in a smashed car window, stolen tools and a bill for $650. Beautiful area (if you can ignore the crap that swimmers, campers and, I'm afraid to say, fishers, leave behind in the form of cans, bottles, lure packets, fishing line etc etc.) It really was a tip down there. I won't be back in a hurry. I did catch a bass that day but no trout!