Relaxing day at Thommos

Jew Stalker

Over the last 2 weeks or so the itch to have a fish has been getting the best of me. I finally got my car back from being repaired and on Saturday night I thought bugger it... I'm going for a fish tomorrow (even though Diesel's missus wouldn't let him out to play). I woke up at about 4am on Sunday morning nice and tired, walked outside and was greeted by a sky full of clouds and drizzle. I was ummming and arrring as to how the conditions were going to be but thought stuff it, I am going. I am glad I did as when I got to Katoomba I was above the fog and the clouds were thinning. By the time I got to the dam the weather had come great. There was barely a cloud in the sky and all was looking promising. I wanted to give the waxwing a run after seeing a report on someone catching one on one a couple of weeks ago so I rigged up my 68mm silver one and away I went. I was flicking around for about 1 1/2 hours walking all the time and then it happened. At about 7.30am I was on. The fight went for a couple of minutes on the 2-4kg T-curve loaded with 4lb braid and 6lb leader on my 1000 stradic I purchased from squidboy. It was a lovely little rainbow hen which came in just under 50cm but was nice and fat. Unfortunately after I unhooked her for a couple of pics I dropped her on the hard clay which ripped off quite a few scales so I thought I would take her home for a feed.

I kept fishing for a few more hours for another hookup but dropped it mid fight unfortunately. I wasn't too phased though I was happy with the first one and any day fishing is a good days fishing, especially if you manage to catch one of those wiley trout. I saw a couple of nice bows swimming in the shallows but they weren't interested in the half a dozen different things I threw at them ranging from minnows to plastics, I am guessing they were a couple of late faux spawner's.

I ended up leaving at about midday rather happy that I managed to do what I set out to do with the lure I wanted to test and it coming up trumps. :banana:

post-22055-0-22177100-1378897914_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trout Stalker