Snap Snap... Snappers and a new PB - Now with Video

quintrex480

Taken a while for me to edit the video but here it is... hope you enjoy it.

Hi Raiders,

Been a while since the last snapper outing and family commitments last weekend meant I missed out going again. Checking the forecast all week, today seemed the most probable, so took a gamble and headed out. Forecast had the wind blowing about 10kts, which is reasonable but I've been down there with that kind of forecast before, and they got it so wrong. But funny that this time, they had it wrong again! but in a good way! it was smooth as! :D

Got to my first mark, and first cast, landed a nice 55cm red. WOOHOO! great start, and then landed a small pannie, then the next one gave me a bit of grief and knew it was going to be a good size, came in at 67cm. YEAH BABY! beat my PB by 2cm. Soon my little bream stick with a 2500 reel buckles over and the drag is singing, and this thing wouldn't stop, I was down to backing soon and crapping myself. Some head shakes and it felt like a snapper, but then it stopped and I believe it might have ran into the grass bed or kelp or something because I all feel is dead weight now, and then gone, it spat the hook. DOH! :ranting2:

By about 11, the conditions went glass, there was absolutely no run at all, and with that the bites stopped as well. So moved off to deeper waters, and with the change in the high tide, the water started to run again, and you guessed it the bites started coming on again, landed another 3 between 45-55cm.

All caught on plastics, used every plastic under the sun. hehehe nemesis, jerk shad, z-man, wrigglers.

went through the entire range of jig head sizes as well, from 1/2 all the way to 2.0oz.

I have all the action on video, so I'll post it up when I finish the editing.

thanks for reading.

post-16665-0-49677300-1381316606_thumb.jpg

post-16665-0-66303000-1381316623_thumb.jpg

Edited by quintrex480

Good work mate! I'm spewing the wind picked up at lunchtime otherwise I would have come down. Ended up with a nice bag of bream and whiting in the end but unfortunately it didn't make me feel any better.

yeah Pete, glad I didn't listen to you about staying home LOL. But was hoping you could have joined me though, but that wind was absolutely howling when I got back to the ramp. At least you didn't waste the arvo and managed a feed. We have to tee up another trip soon.

Edited by quintrex480

cheers mate, i was working! from my office away from the office ehehhe

you been fishing? kingies will rock up soon, ready to hunt them down?

lucky bastard....

i took a few weeks off from fishing locally after coming back from that mammoth fishing trip up Weipa....

Hit the bay/georges last week and landed 20+ flatties and bream in a short 2.5 hour session... heaps around atm

Went game fishing just this past Sunday and hooked up to my first marlin with Brickman... see the game fishing report! Now that was fun!

See you on the water shortly

Cheers

Trung

Good work mate! I'm spewing the wind picked up at lunchtime otherwise I would have come down. Ended up with a nice bag of bream and whiting in the end but unfortunately it didn't make me feel any better.

you and me Brother, I stayed in the Hacking, weather reports are all over the shop, anyway we scored 8 flathead, 5 pan sized snapper, 6 jackets, couple of squid 4 trevally and some reefies.

lucky bastard....

i took a few weeks off from fishing locally after coming back from that mammoth fishing trip up Weipa....

Hit the bay/georges last week and landed 20+ flatties and bream in a short 2.5 hour session... heaps around atm

Went game fishing just this past Sunday and hooked up to my first marlin with Brickman... see the game fishing report! Now that was fun!

See you on the water shortly

Cheers

Trung

ehehehe i think you're the lucky bastard, having the chance to hook up onto a marlin! can't imagine what the thrill would be like. One day man one day! =)

Nice reds mate. Did you fish from Bellambi as I think I may have seen you down there? I went out and landed a few nice ones myself ill be posting it up later on. Great effort again...

cheers buddy! say hi next time... I am in the quintrex 480 coast runner, nothing flash either but does the job as well.

Mate one word.....LEGEND!

They are some nice reds.

Ps ive got my boat back so open to invites hehe.

great read buddy

cheers Daniel

cheers Dan, yep we'll let you know when we head down again.

you and me Brother, I stayed in the Hacking, weather reports are all over the shop, anyway we scored 8 flathead, 5 pan sized snapper, 6 jackets, couple of squid 4 trevally and some reefies.

mate, you should have let me know you had the day off... we missed out last time, anyways plenty of chances left.

Great report and Pics, thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Paikea

Cheers mate.

Was hoping it would hold off so i could head down after work. I hooked the boat up then 480 rang me and told me not to bother as the wind was at at about 20knts down there. So i swapped the snapper gear for the bream gear and hit the river instead. Wasnt too bad in the end as i caught plenty of bream and whiting for a feed for the family.

nice work there mate. You are on the money again...

cheers mate... getting into any kingie action yet? or have you had a chance to take that hobie out yet?

Great reds, I thought the season for snapper was over but the bit looked hot this week based on the reports

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

the water is still cool, so hopefully they'll hang around for a little while longer.

Red Octobers looking good I see.

Well done there.

cheers

thanks mate

Well done mate. I was at Bellambi as well but couldn't get a bait past the birds

got off the water at 11am

cheers

Adam

Hi mate, assume you're floating bait? yeah when the birds around, there'll be no way to float bait past them.

I mainly flick plastics for reds.

Edited by quintrex480

Great video mate :) some top fish there. Liked :)

cheers mate!

Awesome Snapper and video :)

thanks buddy! been hitting the bay lately?

Awesome video and report buddy. Looks hard work on your own.

Cheers Larry

thanks Larry, not too hard, well maybe just the netting part, my bigger net broke so had to resort to my kayak net which is way too dam small.

Very nice job on the video.Great solo job...left hand fisherman,right hand deckie.

Can you tell me if you anchor or drift out there?.....i hate anchoring in the deep,especially on my own.

thanks mate!

always drifting, fishing between 30-65 metres so too deep to anchor. I use 2 sea anchors if the drift is too fast.