Marlin from Yak at Coffs Harbour - they are 'on' just now!

arpie

Hi guys

A yakking buddy has just landed his first yak from Marlin off Coffs Harbour & has a terrific video showing the fight!

Warning for young viewers' parents - there are 2 muffled expletives in the Vid - if it was MY marlin, there would have been a few more!! :074:

His buddy Paul (who also took video of his epic battle) hooked one the next day, but it got off :( There has been a rash of 'hook ups' over the last 2 weeks with some dropped & others 'landed', with many coming from the SWR area. Marlin from Yak Guru, Grant had a double hookup yesterday and one even tried to take off with his downrigger bomb!!

post-2231-0-06576000-1389659284_thumb.jpg

I hear there have been 40 hooked down Jervis Bay way, with some landed from the rocks too!

Looks like a HOT Marlin season, this year!!

My kiwi buddy, Shelley is coming back late in Feb, to go up & try again! :D How good would it be for her to be the first lady to hook a marlin on yak??

cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

What we learn? Yak fishing is fun and relaxing . A-and you have possible catch anything. So nice weather allso. Oh ba..a how i missing that when we fishing flatheads with Roberta By yaks. Really nice fish and wideo, i did put it my own Facebook. My frends allready asking how big that marlin was, do you have any idea?

Edited by JaniFIN

....how big that marlin was,.... Hi Jani - I think it was estimated at about 90kg!! So a pretty good fish!!

Who knows - I may have a go at one myself ....... one of my buddies who will be there with me at the end of February has a Tandem Adventure Island (2 seater) and has said he will take me out in ti!!! he, he, I may just make sure I go out more than once if I can! ;)

Last time I was off the Gaol, my little Hobie Sport was bobbing around like a cork & I got horribly seasick - particularly when I opened the Vacuum Packed Bag of Squid Heads .... :drool: and had to head for sure, totally dehydrated as well!!

That is when 2 dolphins jumped over the rear of my yak & a fellow yakker managed to take a photo at the exact same moment (scaring the CRAP out of me, I might add, when the closest one landed!!) ...... which about 5-6 years ago was quite amazing, as there was quite a 'time lapse' between pushing the button & the photo actually taking!!

post-2231-0-74144200-1389686095_thumb.jpg

cheers

Roberta

That was just Pure Awsum Footage of the Battle with the Giant and seeing it being Released then Swimming away , mate what can I say! I'm Speechless. best way to Describe it is : Ultimate Fishing . Good on You .

Cheers Oziodin :1fishing1:

....whats the yak he's on?....

Pretty sure it is a Stealth - and he has all the necessary safety equipment, should he get in to trouble! Plus had his buddy Paul stay with him for support.

Another vid of the interview!

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/20813859/fisherman-catches-monster-marlin-in-kayak/

Roberta