sydney offshore

hey, here's a few photos of the our last couple of outings off sydney, haven't been able to get out much 2 trips in the last few weeks or more. Unfortunately I have to work sometimes smile.gif

Had one really nice day weatherwise and one pretty crappy one, but its all good.

Sydney Fads have been crowded every time we go out now, so we can't be stuffed hanging around them, we just take wide berth and move away from the croud. Basically we troll straight out of the heads all the way to 24/24 do a few circles around it and troll back, most relaxing.

We got around 12 Dollies or more, lost count, all around 70-80cm and one a little bigger maybe 90cm, I swear the Dolphin Fish just follow our boat around smile.gif A few marlin hook-ups and about 5 or 6 striped tuna, a couple near 10lb.

A tip, we dropped a few marlin, I checked the hook after a marlin miss and it was really blunt. I haven't been paying attention to the hooks, they needed sharpening. It's the little details that help convert strikes into landed fish. I will be sharping them all before they are put out next time.

We have tonnes of underwater footage we haven't looked at yet, well post some videos of underwater footage when I get a bit more time. We are pretty sure we have some marlin hook-ups on there.

Also if you want to try our lures go to our website www.scentblazer.com, there are lures packs for $99.99 which is great value.

Peter
SB Lures

post-22587-0-48723900-1394709895_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-10190500-1394709905_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-97601500-1394709912_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-16993300-1394709920_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-25562000-1394709978_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-49294000-1394709987_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-29354100-1394710059_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Thanks for the report and awesome photos!

After seeing the photos of the jackets, I can see how jigging while they're around is so futile!

yeah its our single lure vs millions of bait sized leatherjacket, pick the lure, pick the lure!!!

I've been saying for the last few months when we check the stomach contents of the dollies we catch they are sometimes they are full of small leatherjacket. We even cutup some leatherjacket and stuck it in one of our lures and that lure worked really well that day for dollies.

the dollies are hitting anything from 6" to 10" lures, we even got a few hits and misses on the 12" and 15" lures. We usually run a few 6" lures to begin with in the spread. Once we get a few on-board we swap them out to 8" lures or bigger to try and keep the smaller fish off them.

Yeah I agree, stripe tuna pound for pound are one of the best fighters, they go hard and usually have a quite few runs in them.

Great Photo's , I went out the other day of Sydney, Had a massive strike on my Scent Lure but unfortunately it spat the hook after 30-45 sec .

Cheers Oziodin :fishing1:

good stuff, yeah getting to hook to stay in is not always easy depending how it bit at the lure, it's like driving a hook into a block of hard wood at times. We usually pick up our speed to about 12 knots for around 15 seconds once its on to drive the hook in and set it, but that doesn't always work either.

I meet the guy who runs MoldCraft in my travels, he is a really nice guy, he does a hell of lot game fishing and said if you running a single hook and get 1 in 3 marlin to stick you are doing really well, From my experience that's about right.