Marlin Sydney Saturday 3rd Jan 2015 (with Video now)

zmk1962

On Saturday we originally set out live baiting for kings off Sydney Heads and then out at 12 Mile. But with nothing in the bag at 11am and with water at 24degC we decided to troll some skirts in a round trip back past the Sydney Fad.

An hour later we hooked, landed, photographed and successfully released this beauty. First Striped Marlin for my boat (thanks for all the tips Glen!).

The fight took about an hour with each of us taking 15min turns - lots of head shakes and tail walking in the initial runs - the Penn 330GTi got very warm but held up to the task. What a fish on a 14cm Pink Pakula skirt and gear targeting Kings, Bonnies and Dollies. Just shows it pays to keep your gear well maintained - you never know what will hook up!

Heres a link to the YouTube clip of the day, we only got the video working 1/2 through the tussle (fast fwd the bits you find boring):

L to R: John, Glen, me and Wayne - smiles all around.

post-20634-0-95310600-1420411832_thumb.png

post-20634-0-74244900-1420411848_thumb.png

Edited by zmk1962
  • Like 1

We all hope when we go out for a day with the boys fishing that something special will happen. And to have that happen and capture it all on video, even better! I bet the beer tasted awesome after that!

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!