Beach fishing?

BearSawyer

G'day.

I have done some beach fishing this year at North Curl Curl beach on the Northern beaches, and I have caught a few things, but have had trouble getting the fish to bite.

I was wondering if anyone knew exactly what to do and how to do it when it comes to beach fishing

Cheers

Agree find the gutter is the most important and watch which way the tide is running into it and fish near the entry and burley hard.

I setup a variety of baits on different rigs to see what is about but always setup a ganged pilchard and move it around a bit. If no crabs about then let it sit they will find it.

If I can get fresh yakkas I use them otherwise I always keep a couple of them in the freezer and slab the side out of them.

Early morning or late arvo prefer rising tide but have caught heaps going low it appears to concentrate them and the bait options sometimes.

Otherwise just enjoy being there.

Tight lines

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Just to add I use 6kg mono line most of the time to a 20or30 lb rig. I tie the line direct to a swivel. Have tried braid off the surf but to many knots in the wash.

At night i change to 15 kg as you don't know what you are going to get

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk