mulloway madness

tide'n'knots

hi raiders i just got home from an overnighter at wisemans ferry and i am stoked with the result!

i tried a method that i have been thinking about for a while now using chicken fillets marinated in aniseed oil and parmesan cheese sliced into long stips and baited onto a snelled 2 hook rig and the result exceeded my expectations! around 9pm roughly 1 hour before low tide the rod buckle and i was into a nice jew that measured 75cm. Around 2am roughly 1 hour before the top of the tide i was waken from my sleep with a zzzzzzzzzz. At first i thought the fish was similar to the first one but as the fight wore on i started to realise that there was a lot more weight behind this one as it sat deep and just dogged it out for the next five minutes. Eventually i was able to gaff it and it hit the deck at 1 mtr 160cm 14 1/2 kgs or 32lb in the old scale and a new pb!!!

post-256-0-43704500-1443849948_thumb.jpg

Swordy has kindly offered to put the pic up from his phone for me as i cant seem to figure out how to..... thanks stewy!! i would like to submit my fish into catch of the month....there is a yellow torch just near the fishes tail! my mate joe also lost a similar fish to my first one near the boat on a prawn.

cheers pete.

Giddy up pete! A friggen jew that size on chicken? Wow, I got a king on the same bait a few weeks ago but a jew that size is amazing! It's got me thinking about marlin season and i might just present the fish a nice scotch fillet! Lol :)

So what was the actual size? Maybe a typo (1meter 160cms???)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Giddy up pete! A friggen jew that size on chicken? Wow, I got a king on the same bait a few weeks ago but a jew that size is amazing! It's got me thinking about marlin season and i might just present the fish a nice scotch fillet! Lol :)

So what was the actual size? Maybe a typo (1meter 160cms???)

Cheers scratchie!!!

gday scratchie.....sorry mate 1 mtr 160 mm ! i got another one 75cm on a chicken fillet also so it wasnt a fluke! the chicken was marinated in aniseed oil and parmesan so it had a very attractive smell to it.......i will;l definately be using it again.

pete

Edited by tide'n'knots

Congrats on the fish, that bait should have attracted bream as well , were you getting any small bites using it ?

gday mate we caught a cracker bream 2 weeks ago on the same bait but we were using much smalller pieces then........we were using pieces around 7 inches long for the jew and we only got 3 bites all night 2 on the chicken and my mate dropped one near the boat on prawn.

pete

Hi Pete, would love to mate, send me a PM next time your planning on going and ill do my best to get there.

I also wouldnt mind having a look at your boat again so I can get ideas on how to setup my quintrex as I remember your boat was very comfortable to fish out of mine however is dead stock & I want to eventually set it up like your boat.

Regards,

Nathan

Edited by beginner