Another report from The Entrance

Stapo

Prawning.

Well the November dark is over and it was a pretty good one. We all got some nice prawns

I managed a couple of nights when the schoolies ran it was a turn off your light and leave your net in the water they just swim in.

7dfda7c1479be03dfe1950c78315836a.jpg

Plenty of whiting being caught at night. The tackle shops are running out of worms.

Flathead are still being caught

I fished today with Dwayne we managed 7 in windy conditions.

Dwayne caught a nice puffer fish so we called it early.

42f1150d146e0db72a54fc9913a2e885.jpg

I found these special scissors at home they work a treat for deboning the flathead fillets.

8ce71792bf3058ab699d5c95925cddcd.jpg

8210052406fe4138ba02565ba3eb8dd8.jpg

Cheers Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice feed of prawns there mate ... Are the whiting only taking worms at the moment ??

They have been taking nippers during the day and live prawns and worms at night. I think there blood worms or those little wriggler ones.

a mate managed a bucket full of prawns last week-end at Lake Illawarra

Yeah jot a bucket is a great catch. Always the benchmark. That photo was 3/4 of bucket. About 6 kilo. They do get more up the top lake where they can use drag nets but the prawns they catch are called greasie backs they don't spawn in the ocean and aren't as good as the school and eastern King prawns we scoop down the run at the mouth.

Edited by Stapo

Yeah jot a bucket is a great catch. Always the benchmark. That photo was 3/4 of bucket. About 6 kilo. They do get more up the top lake where they can use drag nets but the prawns they catch are called greasie backs they don't spawn in the ocean and aren't as good as the school and eastern King prawns we scoop down the run at the mouth.

A good feed of prawns there.

As a kid when I fished and prawned in Lake Illawarra, around Windang, I scored a few greasy backs amongst the schoolies. These made good live prawn baits for the flatties and big whiting.

Big steve

can you tell me where about can i get prawns from the entrances and till when it is still available? is it far from the pelican feeding?

Send me a personal message and all to happy to help a member out.

Nice going Steve.

I had the exact same scissors, I think they were in a medical kit.

They'd cut through wire.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. I find it hard to get every little bone out of those flathead. Not like a blackfish their easy.

Prawns and flathead. Hmmmmm I must have missed my invite! :) if you had of mentioned beer as well, I would have been down there in a shot!

Nice work Steve!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Always welcome. I have plenty of gear. Just let me know.