Chicks On Boats

veck

This is an easy question....

my girlfriend is my boat.. so she always comes fishing with me.

if it was legal, I would probably marry her.... :074: :074:

and before you knock my thoughts on this... think about it:

1) They cost heaps to run

2) they dont run properly if you dont treat them well

3) They cost more if your bad to them

4) Other boats always look better and cost more

5) Other blokes always are attracted to them

etc etc etc...

This is an easy question....

my girlfriend is my boat.. so she always comes fishing with me.

if it was legal, I would probably marry her.... :074: :074:

and before you knock my thoughts on this... think about it:

1) They cost heaps to run

2) they dont run properly if you dont treat them well

3) They cost more if your bad to them

4) Other boats always look better and cost more

5) Other blokes always are attracted to them

etc etc etc...

:Funny-Post:

and u can never wait to get inside one and get it wet :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

I probably take my missus (ok, girlfriend as we aren't married) with me 4 out of 5 times. My mates are whiney arsed sooks who get the shits if they aren't catching anything in the first hour or so, whereas the missus wants to keep fishing even after i'm ready to go home !!

She makes the best chicken sangas, fills the esky with beer and ice, and always grabs some lamingtons for me as well. She also does all her own baiting, rigs and tackles the fish she catches without any dramas...

Hmmm, she sounds like a great girl. I knew there was a reason i picked her... :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Paul...

Ok guys I have read this topic's posts with mixed feelings :huh: . I am new to this sport and love to read the posts on here usually. I have often wondered why it is so male dominated. Women can outdo men in most things as we all know. So why not fishing??? I have learned lots in the last year. I researched the buying of our boat in every way possible. I knew how to work the sounder before it was even installed by practising on the wonderful demo program provided by Lowrance online. I watched a Berkley DVD the other night on fishing with soft plastics which included tackle, knots, jigheads, casting techniques etc for 2 hours with the swordfisherman, stillrockin and another fisho :1gathering: . This was in preparation for my inaugural trip to Glenbawn for a week. My skills are in their infancy but I can assure you I will one day outfish many men. I am a fast learner. At Glenbawn, I intend to learn the intricacies of bass fishing, mentored by one of the best fishos around (swordfisherman). There will be a group of males and me on this trip and I am sure I will fit in. The problems of toileting, swearing, drinking and talking bs are not a problem to me :thumbup: . I am a seasoned world traveller and have defaecated and urinated in places that most men would baulk at. As a highly regarded healthcare professional I have seen more male appendages than I care to remember, geez I can even give your prized tackle a rating out of 10 if you like lol, and I bet there are some guys that would be low down on the scale of things. But back to the real question here. Why is this sport male dominated? I have come to the conclusion after reading the posts that most fishos have driven the wife/gf away with their misguided attitudes. Its no wonder that many on here are either single or divorced, left alone with "rod in hand" to dream about the next big catch :074: .

I feel that I have lots learn and look forward to many years of fishing with swordfisherman and any other fisho that has no problem with my gender. So come on guys give your women a fair go, you may find that not only do they provide a feast for you to eat while you fish, they can be fun. I am champing at the bit now to continue this interesting debate with any man on here!

P.S. I have duly noted the names of the "womanbashers". When you next come to ER with a fish hook where it shouldnt be I will make sure you wait at the end of the queue............ :05::074::074:

I will be mowing the lawn and doing the washing followed by the ironing :action-smiley-073: and Hunny i will make sure your tea is on the table while you watch some more DVDs on fishing and will bring you WINE AS WELL :wub: And i know this will pay off bigtime in the PASSION STAKES :1worthy:

Cheers Stewy

This is quite a can of worms, having a wife who doesnt like eating fish and doesnt like roughing it out a bit can have its drawbacks i wouldnt mind going fishing with my wife but she chooses not to which is fine, i think where it gets difficult is when you a have a female who wants to come out but doesnt realy quite expect the art of fishing which can rely on throwing some of our aquired manners out the door its a shame but some females can cope others cant, eitherway its up to the individual to decide whats best and if a lady cant handle that enviroment then its clear cut she shouldnt go and another option for us blokes who have wives is to mix a little have serious fishing days with buddies but also have days where you can take your wife out somewhere a little more comfortable :thumbup:

Would it help the debate and tension.. if I offered to take out any wemon on my boat for a fish???

Please send photo, maritial status (Need to be single so I dont cut any fishraiders grass) and current bank balance with application...

(Mentioning that one has shares in a pub would also be considered favourabily in the interview process)

Just doing my bit!!!

Have a good weekend!!

Ah thank you gentlemen for the prompt responses :1clap: . To Telcobroker, I seem to recall throwing my eyes over that publication but alas, it went out of print soon after its release (not a top seller) :074: . I challenge all the guys to read the "instructions" on the website I just came across http://www.bassresource.com/women_bassfish...fe_fishing.html

To fishn4fun, good on you for compromising, mate.

To my wonderful swordfisherman, passion stakes are never a problem for us but geez I will take you up on the washing, ironing cooking deal no wuckers darl :action-smiley-031:

I wasn't going to reply, BUT temptation got the better of me! :1prop:

Personally, I think some of you blokes have married the wrong girl :o:huh:

My girl is a champion deckie, she happily drives the boat, helps me launch and backs the trailer, loves having a fish and baits up and unhooks her catch without assistance. She brings the food and enjoys a beer/wine as much as I do and I'd much rather have her aboard for a fishing trip than most of my mates - NO CONTEST!!!!

Regarding the general topic, I suppose it's easy to generalise so each to their own I guess. A friend of mine, Roz, is a champion angler who is 100% woman. She holds several australian records and has taught me heaps about fishing for mackerel and pelagics up north. You won't meet too many keener fishos than her and I dare say her fishing portfolio would put those of most other guys to shame. :pokey:

MrsSwordfisherman - good on you, love your enthusiasm and determination. Good catch there Swordfisherman! :thumbup:

Tight lines,

Herby

Edited by Hookem_Herby

Thanks for the encouragement Herby. I hope I can one day win an award. Sounds like you have some mighty fine woman as friends, mate :1clap: good choice!

I'm a blessed man, I know! :lol::1clap:

Here is Roz with a little spanish mack she took at 1770. Went 23.5kgs from memory :wacko:

Herby

post-49-1132270378_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hookem_Herby

Herby, you got a great life and a fantastic woman. Your on a good thing there and obviously compliment each other. Its the way it should be.

Mate thats one hell of a Spanish Mackerel for the little woman. Well done and hope you enjoyed the cuttlets it must have provided.

Cheers

Martin

Hey Martin,

Thanks mate, altho that's not my woman in the pic I posted!!! :05::1prop:

That's my friend Roz, I was just using her as an example that there's plenty of women out there that enjoy boating and fishing (and know how to catch the bigguns) as much as the rest of us.

Personally, I wish more guys would encourage their other halves to go fishing and have days out in the boat with them. Helen and I have some of our best times on the water TOGETHER! :1pash::1boff::1wine::1beer::1fishing1:

Cheers,

Herby