Daddy Daughter Time and a few fish also

Brooker435

Hi Raiders,

Just thought I would share todays adventure. I bought my daughter a shimano lipstix rods and she was very keen to give it a go so we went to picnic point today for a couple of hours to see if we could catch something.
I havent bought her a reel yet so I attached my sienna 2500 with 6lb braid until I decide what to get her or perhaps ill hand it down not sure yet as the trusty sienna has served me well and I dont like using the stradic that much anyway enough of that!!
after a bit of casting practise she started fishing and bites instantly and we had about 3 hours of entertainment lots of small fish and 1 decent bream around 28 cms didnt bother measuring as I told her everything will be released so didnt bother measuring anything. she loved it and wants to go again tomorrow lets see if she has the same luck tomorrow!!! anyway a few pics for your enjoyment.

Regards,

Nathan

post-9366-0-81469100-1460610476_thumb.jpg

post-9366-0-63449800-1460610502_thumb.jpg

post-9366-0-97266400-1460610523_thumb.jpg

post-9366-0-62020300-1460610750_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Edited by beginner

Great job Nathan, looks like you have a new fisho in the family, it is good to see all people can enjoy fishing, I remember many years ago when I took my then young son fishing for the first time, what a great day that was too. Give her the sienna 2500, you deserve a new one.

Thanks to everyone for your replies,

We have been fishing before but she has got bored easily but the past few days all I kept hearing was daddy can I go fishing?? so I did what any fisho father would do is give in!! all I need her to say now is "Daddy we need better fishing Gear" LOL!!

I think I will hand down the sienna to her its served me very well but going onto 4 years now perhaps time for a change or even a new sienna, its a cheap reel but for bread and butter fishing it does the job real well, I own a stradic 2500 but that is mainly for squiddin and soft plastics.

Her smiles made me think back to my childhood when I used to go fishing it was very refreshing!!

The excitement when you got a bite and all of that "Priceless"

she is very keen to get back out tomorrow lets see what tomorrow brings.

I might have to teach her how to catch livies or better yet start catching livies for her!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Always great to take to the family fishing especially when the daughter is keen to go! Good on you Nathan. Every now and then I try to encourage my daughter to come with me and last time she did, she got bragging rights over the boys with an 85cm flatty. Needless to say, the boys don't talk about catching flatty anymore! :)

Well done

Cheers scratchie!!!

Nice report Nathan, I love how she took her barbie doll to,lol. Sweet moments indeed, maybe I should have had a daughter instead of two son's they are not interested in fishing at all, so sad. Where about's were you fishing cos' I live not to far away and wouldn't mind that jetty, I only know Kelso Beach at Picnic Point.

Nice report Nathan, I love how she took her barbie doll to,lol. Sweet moments indeed, maybe I should have had a daughter instead of two son's they are not interested in fishing at all, so sad. Where about's were you fishing cos' I live not to far away and wouldn't mind that jetty, I only know Kelso Beach at Picnic Point.

thanks stunami, pm sent.

Regards,

Nathan

Great post. Now we need your daughter to meet mine so she can be convinced on what a great past time fishing is.

I have been trying hard to get her interested it took a little while as she had very little patience when she was younger but now I was able to teach her to cast and she is very prowd of herself next thing ill show her is knots that will be fun lol

wont be long before shes out there targeting jew!!! knowing my luck her first will be over a metre lol

Regards,

Nathan

She will let you hold the big jewie for a pic if you have been good :clapping:

She will let you hold the big jewie for a pic if you have been good :clapping:

I guess i better start getting in her good books now as she has asked me to go fishing today after seeing my photos from the hawkesbury!!

Regards,

Nathan

We went out again today and the little one caught a herring and after convincing her it was a good idea we rigged up my rod and sent it out live.

the rod started bouncing after a while and she kept asking me to bring it in so I decided to let her reel it in and sure enough a nice tailor on the hook.. that will be filleted up and used for bait another day!! she was stocked and I think I have a new fishing buddy!!!

Regards,

Nathan

post-9366-0-73474400-1460965547_thumb.jpg

I have been trying hard to get her interested it took a little while as she had very little patience when she was younger but now I was able to teach her to cast and she is very prowd of herself next thing ill show her is knots that will be fun lol

How old is your daughter (don't answer if you don't want to)? Mine is 7yrs old. Is it a hopeless case or is there some tiny hope of turning her to the fish side?

How old is your daughter (don't answer if you don't want to)? Mine is 7yrs old. Is it a hopeless case or is there some tiny hope of turning her to the fish side?

Hi,

My daughter is 7 also shes been keen since she was 5 but was easily destracted so I decided to wait till she was a little older.

Regards,

Nathan

Edited by beginner