Be careful guys

Fab1

Just a quick heads up guys on a car I'm working on for a neighbour.

This lady has recently had a timing belt kit fitted by an well known automotive franchise and billed for a new water pump that wasn't replaced among other things.

She came over to ask me if I knew why she was leaking coolant.

I dismantled a few things and found the water pump totally coolant encrusted which has been happening for eons.This lady had this work carried out mid April.

For those of you that trust others to perform work have them save the parts to show you at the completion of work to safeguard as much as you possibly can against this.

I come across shoddy work all the time be careful guys.

I will be seeking a full reimbursement of this ladies bill on Monday.

Cheers.post-20199-0-12669400-1462610353_thumb.jpgpost-20199-0-97666600-1462610382_thumb.jpgpost-20199-0-59217200-1462610513_thumb.jpg

It is a shame but unfortunately a fact of life that there is people and companies out that that rip unsuspected people off.

Is it a sign of the times, dont know but it probably has been happening from the start of time.

Glad you could help out this lady Fab1, you are an every day hero.

Good on YOU Fabian. I hope that you let these clowns know that Fair Trading would be very interested in their shonky practices. Hope you get things sorted out for her, but shonks like this seldom put their hands up and say "SORRY".

You are a good Samaritan FAB

Thanks Stu,it seems that there's very few of us left in this world.

It is a shame but unfortunately a fact of life that there is people and companies out that that rip unsuspected people off.

Is it a sign of the times, dont know but it probably has been happening from the start of time.

Glad you could help out this lady Fab1, you are an every day hero.

Im certain that it's far more common these days as it was in the past from what I've seen in the 27 years or so I've been working on cars.Im no Hero mate,I come from a poor family and was brought up to give and help others if I'm in a position to do so not expecting anything in return.This Lady is 68 years old with a disability and it sadens me that the vultures out there have done wrong by her.From my experiences and observations its the poor people like me that give the most.

Good on YOU Fabian. I hope that you let these clowns know that Fair Trading would be very interested in their shonky practices. Hope you get things sorted out for her, but shonks like this seldom put their hands up and say "SORRY".

Ill be letting them know don't you worry and I've gone up the road and bought a water pump for her and fitted it.

I couldn't think of a better way to spend that $67 I paid for the pump to help this very nice lady out and I'm sure as heck not going to ask a disabled pensioner for reimbursement.

To say she was over the moon is an understatement and the look of sheer happiness from her was more than enough for me.

Good on you Fab1, Kudos to you mate.

I'm no Hero mate

Doesn't matter from what back ground you come from , in my opinion you've got lots of peoples respect.

For whats it worth .......... mine as well.

Edited by Blackfish

Fabian, I need you to be my neighbor I really love your work!!

you are right 100% about shoddy work I have had a few jobs done that could have been done better so I have starting to DIY where possible.

as already mentioned you are a legend!!!

Regards,

Nathan

as much as i hate to say it give ACA a ring

I will be giving them a chance to rectify their actions first.

Fabian, I need you to be my neighbor I really love your work!!

you are right 100% about shoddy work I have had a few jobs done that could have been done better so I have starting to DIY where possible.

as already mentioned you are a legend!!!

Regards,

Nathan

The beauty about Diy is your 100% sure what has been replaced and what hasn't mate,not to mention being able to take your time and doing it at a time where its convenient for you and saving all that coin in the process.

Hey Fab,

Are you able to complete car services?

richard

Yes,I do all my own work.

Went this morning to have a civilised chat with those involved and walked out with a full monetary reimbursement for this lady as the owner agreed his workers were in the wrong.

As scratchie said this is not a place to name and shame but like I said in my post be mindful that this sort of thing can and does happen more than people think.

Edited by Fab1

Fantastic result for the lady, it should have never happened in the begining , but a great outcome for her.

Yes,it shouldn't happen to anyone when your paying good money for a service and putting your trust that they will do the right thing.Her outcome is she is $874 richer for my troubles.

Well dine Fab 1. You handled this exactly the right way. Thank you for looking out for those who are unable to do so for themselves.

Cheers,it goes to show that if you talk to someone the right way and get them to understand their wrong doings things can turn out for the better.Also we all need to take more time out to help the elderly more than we do in this hurried world we live in and certainly should respect them more than we do as wether we like it or not we all will be in their shoes one day.