40k Budget offshore

GetTheNet

Hey guys, I'm a long time reader and first time poster.

ive been looking for. a boat now for over 10 weeks and I can't seem to find anything that fits my description.

my requests are for the boat to be able to go offshore, handle nasty weather, fish, have a cabin to sleep, stable, between 19-22ft and under my budget of 40k. PLEASE help me find a boat. If you have any recommendations for me please let me know. Also I don't mind if the boat is used or new. Also has to be fibreglass. Thanks

Edited by GetTheNet

45 minutes ago, Croydon said:

Have a look at grays online, there is a 2007 formosa 520 half cab which looks good currently at $16000, might be worth a look.....

Thanks. The only problem is that it's not over 20ft thanks anyways :)

we fish out of my mates pride Bahia mar  they are 20 ft but are one of the best handling and riding I have ever fished out of  we run a 160hp Volvo diesel duoprop and its fuel efficient and has heaps of grunt..another to lookout for is the Bertram 23 with diesel...I wouldn't touch petrol in this size unless they are fourstroke outboards..

you certainly arent going to get a new boat that matchs your needs at 40K , chances are it will be fairly old unless you hit the jackpot somehow- just a lot of looking and a lot of patience and you might find something but it will be a slog.