Rocks spin session

REELCRAZY

Went for a quick spin session the other day  in the eastern suburbs. Arriving just on first light we  StArted with the heavy gear  hoping for a king on stick baits. After an hour or two changed to plastics and my mate hooks a good Mack tuna that goes around 55cm. Quiet for a while so I decide to try the shore jigging technique used by a fellow raider. Using my super light 9" 3-6kg set up with 15lb braid and 10lb leader I start casting a 15g micro jig with a nice flutter action. Landed a  bonito and a Mack tuna within 15 mins. Both smallish size but good fun on the light gear. Nice technique that I will definitely be trying again. No more hits so called it after a bit. 

IMG_1581.JPG

Tight lines

IMG_1582.JPG

Guest Guest123456789

Great work ? 

By shore jigging do you mean twitching the lure close to the bottom? Kind of like flathead fishing except you don't let the lure touch the bottom or let any line go too slack during the sink?

ive been experimenting with this technique and have caught two fish (both Mack tuna funnily enough). Seems like a good technique to target fish when they're deeper. I got the idea off hook line and sinker when they showed a metal lure manufacturer (either halco or spanyid I can't remember) and the guy said you could use them to target flathead. So I tried it for flathead but almost lost the lure on a snag and also the hooks would get caught on the slack line, so I made some adjustments and ended up hooking the macky.

7 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Great work ? 

By shore jigging do you mean twitching the lure close to the bottom? Kind of like flathead fishing except you don't let the lure touch the bottom or let any line go too slack during the sink?

ive been experimenting with this technique and have caught two fish (both Mack tuna funnily enough). Seems like a good technique to target fish when they're deeper. I got the idea off hook line and sinker when they showed a metal lure manufacturer (either halco or spanyid I can't remember) and the guy said you could use them to target flathead. So I tried it for flathead but almost lost the lure on a snag and also the hooks would get caught on the slack line, so I made some adjustments and ended up hooking the macky.

Hey mate I was casting out as far as possible, let lure sink to bottom and using same action as vertical jigging but slower, (allowing more sink during jigs) until lure high in water column. Then let sink again and repeat.