Mahi Mahi and Bonito - Botany FADd

Hello all I never do my reports here but I do browse often. Hit the FADs and the Mahi Mahi were out to play yesterday. 

Launched from Foreshore around 5:45 AM had livebait in the tank by 6:20 AM, loaded with about 40 slimies and yakkas. Lots of big baits too. I found it interesting how some one was catching livies off their boat while docked at the ramp lol

anyways reached FADs by 6:50 AM and it started off slow but it got super hot around 7:30-10:30 AM to which the bite died off. We had run out of our live bait anyway but used butterflied baits towards the end which seemed to hook us up to the larger cows and bulls. Largest going 90cm

Trolled for bonito around cape banks for a few of them 

If you;re interested in learning how to rig/find these you can check out @99fishingworld (YT/TT/IG).

451721F2-B1C1-4917-8503-082A30BDB41D.jpeg

96A995F3-EFC1-4FD9-9903-BCA8BDE6F0CD.jpeg

27B04A78-76F2-4F97-9B87-872A257D51D3.jpeg

Edited by Tarik
  • Like 16

6 hours ago, kantong said:

well done on a successful trip. Looks like the freezer will be full for a bit!

Well split between three, and after sharing some fish with friends, I managed to vacuum seal the extras and should be good in the fridge for 1-2 weeks! Believe it or not fish can be vaccum sealed in the fridge for weeks and still have no smell lol

• Like 1

Very well done Tarik, great result. I have never fished for Mahi Mahi but I had some for dinner recently (courtesy of Hoods) and it was fantastic to eat. Looks like your freezer is going to be well stocked for some time.

Hope you consider putting more of your posts on here for us all to enjoy.

Cheers, bn

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tarik said:

Hello all I never do my reports here but I do browse often. Hit the FADs and the Mahi Mahi were out to play yesterday. 

Launched from Foreshore around 5:45 AM had livebait in the tank by 6:20 AM, loaded with about 40 slimies and yakkas. Lots of big baits too. I found it interesting how some one was catching livies off their boat while docked at the ramp lol

anyways reached FADs by 6:50 AM and it started off slow but it got super hot around 7:30-10:30 AM to which the bite died off. We had run out of our live bait anyway but used butterflied baits towards the end which seemed to hook us up to the larger cows and bulls. Largest going 90cm

Trolled for bonito around cape banks for a few of them 

451721F2-B1C1-4917-8503-082A30BDB41D.jpeg

96A995F3-EFC1-4FD9-9903-BCA8BDE6F0CD.jpeg

27B04A78-76F2-4F97-9B87-872A257D51D3.jpeg

Tarik

A great post and looks a great days fishing. Mahi Mahi eat so well

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pickles said:

Well done @Tarik, you did well to get out, the conditions have been so crook that there have been few opportunities. 👏👏

That's what made this trip so special! Couldn't go out for two weeks because of the rubbish conditions but Monday Morning was bliss, no wind at all, but a strong current pushing us atleast 2 knots

1 hour ago, bessell1955 said:

Looks to have be a very serious fishing trip, well done.

Thanks mate serious trip for serious fishos ;)