My first Jewfish

After years of reading post after post about people catching jewies I decided to have a go and tick it off my list of species.

A 4.30am start and away we went to the Cooks. Swordie comes here very often and takes lots of raiders to get a fish. Some are lucky and some come away sad they did not catch any. 

I was not expecting too much and hoped for just a little specimen.

We started casting at 5.45 am and I land this beauty by 6am :) lots of runs and big head shakes!

Geez it isn't hard to catch one of these even an old sheila like me can do it heh hehIMG_0122.JPGIMG_0125.JPGIMG_0128.JPGIMG_0124.JPG

Oh yeah! Now that's what I'm talking about Donna! Big flatly, marlin, hairtail and now jewies! You go girl, is there anything you can't catch? Nice little one there for you to stewy! :) 

cheers scratchie!!! 

25 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Oh yeah! Now that's what I'm talking about Donna! Big flatly, marlin, hairtail and now jewies! You go girl, is there anything you can't catch? Nice little one there for you to stewy! :) 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Yeah well Stewy said to let you know he caught that jewie on his bream rod with a 2 inch Ecooda prawn!!

2 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Yeah well Stewy said to let you know he caught that jewie on his bream rod with a 2 inch Ecooda prawn!!

Just stirring mate! That's a good fish on bream gear! Let's see a few more!!! :) 

Congrats Donna, You were only telling me last week how you were going to tick that one of your list.

Gee that didn't take long,easy as. What a great catch.

Stewie, great work, that would have been unreal on your bream gear, those ecoodas are unreal.

Good on both of you.