So grateful to stranger for helping me

DezM

There are some good people out there...

Yesterday I went fishing with my son, it was an uneventful short trip with only a few large sealant bakers caught and released.

I returned to the pontoon and parked, tying up with a single rope tightly as the wind had started to pick up. 

My 7 year old and i got out and I went to get the trailer. I reversed it in and went to pontoon to drive it on to find a group of guys near my boat. 

My son yes out the rope had snapped and that fisherman went and grabbed my 6m fibreglass boat before it drifted off down the parra river toward the bridge pylons... How good is that. He yells out to another boatie to tie it up again. When I hear the good news that these kind fellas had saved my boat from drifting off with the wind, he even offers to hook it up after driving it on, how nice is that! 

I thanked them both but didn't get your names - if you are Raiders well done and thank you!! I'm very grateful for your efforts in helping me avoid expensive repairs!

Note to all skippers - make sure you are using high quality rope... never seen a rope break like cotton before. 

Dez