Emmaville Cod Trip

swano

Was lucky enough to go with Swordy ( Stewy) & John Dory (Dave) to the Severn River for a 4 day Cod Fishing trip.

This place never ceases to amaze me with its ruggedness & beauty all rolled into one, from the platypus just cruising by while you fish to the bloody snakes (lots) your constantly watching out

for. The roos the Wild deer & goats, the birdlife but most of all the fishing on this pristine river makes for everlasting memories. No internet, radio, newspapers, phones you can't help but just

soak it all in.

The fishing started slow but once we worked out a few things,we caught and released over 60 fish between the three of us, with some great sessions.

A big thanks to Stewy for all the preparation he puts into planning these trips. If there's something you need he's probably got it stashed somewhere and when he,s not fishing he'll be making you up a shiny new spinnerbait.

And to Dave, we may have had 1star accommodation, but the dinners you kept knocking up from that shit kitchen tasted like 5 star. It was much appreciated.

Im not real good or quick at posting photos,so maybe Stewy or Dave could post a few in.

Cheers    Deano.

9 minutes ago, Omally said:

Looks like an awesome spot... Mmmmm gonna get my first cod soon I can feel it?

So will many others by what's been posted.

Please respect the land & keep this beautiful part of the world clean & tidy. Looks like I'll be looking for a new cod spot.

Nah mine will be in wyangala or a Lil stream in the lachlan... Been putting in the hard yards I just feel it she's coming.... Emmaville can wait... But yeah nothing worse than going to a trashed spot I cleaned up a spot I usually got to the other day nothing much couple cans and chip wrappers but still pretty crap specially if it's your spot x ?

Edited by Omally

Aaah the much awaited photos didn't disappoint Guys. What a beautiful area to chase down some Cod. The fish look extremely healthy and must be getting sufficient food. Interesting how dark they are in that environment. Top trip, well done. bn