Port Hacking again

Yowie

Fished early near the mouth of Yowie Bay. A couple of little tailor at first, then later on a couple over the limit on fish strips. Same for the reddies. Several of the reddie throwbacks were just undersized, so they are getting bigger than the last few months.fish.jpeg_131.thumb.png.54f35e5728e42a3922a1c48c7a09a281.png

The jewie was 2mm over the limit, and I released it as I had enough fish. It was a male and squirting out milt. It swam off then a short time later floated belly up out from the boat. It put up a good fight for it's size, and I was expecting a bigger fish to come up. I suspect it's bladder sucked in too much air during the fight and it could not release it.

I finished fishing, motored over to the jewie, and pushed it down with the long handled landing net many times, but it kept floating back top the top. After 15 or 20 minutes, it became rather weak and I thought it was going to die, so I fished it out and took it home. Better me to have it than let some other fisho wiz past, spot it and scoop it out.

20 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

yowie you are dongin it down there.shame the jew didn't survive but it does happen..i think you better take Fabian with you.then he wont blame you for catching them all....rick

I wouldn't like my bad luck to rub off on Yowie mate.seeing him catch nice fish is enough for me.Well done one again mate.

2 hours ago, hookerbruce said:

I tried the deep water over closer to the church camps than lilli pllli only decent fish was a 43cm trevally for my grandson. Need to spend a bit more time fishing the deeper water. 

Another tasty feed of fish for you. 

The fish are there for a short time Bruce, but, early or after sundown. The clear water does not help at present.

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

yowie you are dongin it down there.shame the jew didn't survive but it does happen..i think you better take Fabian with you.then he wont blame you for catching them all....rick

Fab will need to be awake early. :lol:  I would have preferred the jewie to survive and swim off. A couple of weeks ago one of the sea eagles swooped down and grabbed a 60cm jew I released ( the jew again swam back up after swimming off ) but could not pick it up, probably due to the weight of the fish. Don't know whether that fish swam off or died, as it was a fair way out from the boat.

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Nice work yowie! A good feed as usual. At least give fab1 a hint what time and where you leave from that way he can follow you! :P

cheers scratchie!!! 

Woke at 3.30am this morning, so Fab will need to be up before then. :wacko:

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Nice work yowie! A good feed as usual. At least give fab1 a hint what time and where you leave from that way he can follow you! :P

cheers scratchie!!! 

I'm on it mate.Iv'e hired a private investigator to follow Yowies every move and report back to me.lol.So far Yowies evaded him.

1 minute ago, Fab1 said:

I'm on it mate.Iv'e hired a private investigator to follow Yowies every move and report back to me.lol.So far Yowies evaded him.

I've had people ask me where I fish, and I point 2 fingers in opposite directions. :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yowie said:

Woke at 3.30am this morning, so Fab will need to be up before then. :wacko:

I'm lucky if I've finish work before 3:30am.I haven't even gone to bed then let alone wake up.So I'm guessing I'm in with a chance. 

10 hours ago, Papa said:

This is starting to read like a bedtime storey....tell me another one Yowie!,

O.K.

Once upon a time, there was this kid who started his fishing experiences at Yowie Bay wharf, and ................

10 hours ago, jenno64 said:

That's a nice platter of fresh fillets...the jewie was the bonus:) You are doing well to get these fish in the holiday periods Yowie!

Thanks Rob,

There are a lot of boats about, and bloody jet skis, but next month things will be better.

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Thanks Rob,

There are a lot of boats about, and bloody jet skis, but next month things will be better.

If your catch improves you will need a tug boat to push you home next month.

57 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

If your catch improves you will need a tug boat to push you home next month.

Don't want to catch that many.

There were a few rat sized kings getting into the bait fish schools, but they kept their distance. Too far away to cast to.

Nice work as always Yowie, always good to see the reddies getting up to legal. Any signs of pillie schools abouts in the morning? Was that what the rats were chasing?

Nothing wrong with keeping a jew that's 70cm on the dot, a couple of years back that was 25cm over the size limit!!! Good on you for all the efforts to release her though.

Cheers

R

7 hours ago, Mr Squidy said:

Nice work as always Yowie, always good to see the reddies getting up to legal. Any signs of pillie schools abouts in the morning? Was that what the rats were chasing?

Nothing wrong with keeping a jew that's 70cm on the dot, a couple of years back that was 25cm over the size limit!!! Good on you for all the efforts to release her though.

Cheers

R

There were pillies about. Only caught one as they also kept their distance from the boat. I would assume the kings were into the pillies. The pillies were feeding on little fish about 2 cm long.